cadillac srx

SRTurbo04

Any one have any experiences with the cadillac srx? Pros cons and thoughts?

First gen model 04-09

Meh....I bought a low mile 2007 one a few months ago from a friend in Florida and thought about selling our van. It was a RWD version with a V6. Plenty of power but in RWD even with T/C it sucked in rain let alone snow. (wife would drive it) but I thought perhaps she would enjoy it.

I liked it but decided to flip it and make $2k instead. Road nice but wasn't any nicer IMO than the newer GM SUV's that have more for less. In AWD mode I would imagine it would be nice and we might have even kept it.

RUN AWAY

The 3.6L is a 100K throw away. Oil sucking pig, ridiculous front suspension wear, cheap interior, everything inside it rattles. I was blown away with how shitty they are for being a Cadillac. GM really messed up on that one. Had 4-5 of them come in 4 quarts low on oil miss firing and throwing cam position sensor codes and the bottom of the motor is totally dry. Less than 100K on the odo.

VW/Audi uses less oil than these things...

RUN AWAY

The 3.6L is a 100K throw away. Oil sucking pig, ridiculous front suspension wear, cheap interior, everything inside it rattles. I was blown away with how shitty they are for being a Cadillac. GM really messed up on that one. Had 4-5 of them come in 4 quarts low on oil miss firing and throwing cam position sensor codes and the bottom of the motor is totally dry. Less than 100K on the odo.

VW/Audi uses less oil than these things...

Yes, anything GM with a 3.6 is a waste, want to see pics of the new low mileage ones breaking rods? Do not buy a 3.6L anything from GM.