Used Engine marketplace?

zeitgeist57

Do junkyards or auto stores buy complete longblocks used? Yes, rednecks...that IS how out of touch I am with the grease-monkey side of my car passion. :)

I'm waffling on whether to re-gasket a newer but higher-mileage Ford 300 I-6 engine from a 1993 F150 into my 1982 F100 . . . it's a decent runner with good compression, but at over 150k miles I am starting to second-guess the logic of putting that much effort into an engine that could conceivably pop down the road...

Trying to help my decision whether to just rebuild the stock motor or use the newer engine is whether I can get my money back out of it relatively easily! Any resources would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah you don't get a lot from the scrap yards. I just stuff a lot of stuff into one of the cavy's I junked this week and got $290 for 2 blocks, 2 heads, 1 set of cam towers, a few intake(Alum), 2 transmissions, and a few rotors. After I drop that stuff off I got $375 for the car.

Yeah you don't get a lot from the scrap yards. I just stuff a lot of stuff into one of the cavy's I junked this week and got $290 for 2 blocks, 2 heads, 1 set of cam towers, a few intake(Alum), 2 transmissions, and a few rotors. After I drop that stuff off I got $375 for the car.

LOL Trey...I've had the engine in my garage pretty much since we pulled it. I'm not going to mess with it. :gabe: