Forza 4 Demo

Fubar231

Still no night racing, or rally. And Gran Turismo still has most of their cars all PS2 style. What the fail?

Don't sweat it too much. GT5's dirt physics *SUCK*. Lift throttle understeer in an AWD car?? It's funny because the snow tracks have better grip and handling than the dirt tracks.

but it's a "sim"!!!

Dirt physics aside... Compared to the rest of the console racers out there, GT and Forza are sims. They can't all be iRacing.

Which, btw, has drven home the fact that I operate much better outside the traction circle than within it. :fuuuu:

Don't sweat it too much. GT5's dirt physics *SUCK*. Lift throttle understeer in an AWD car?? It's funny because the snow tracks have better grip and handling than the dirt tracks.

Yeah no kidding, apparently no one told them how a Scandinavian flick works. Although, depending on the tire, there are many WRC drivers who say that the grip can be better on snow than on gravel, so I guess thats accurate.

Like 10 years ago when I played racing games on my computer, I had a sweet force feedback wheel and pedals, and it pretty much kicked ass. I've always played console racing games with a controller, but I've always thought about getting a wheel. Although I hear that some games only support certain wheels, wheels are expensive, and they usually wear out. Am I hearing correctly?

Oh, and Brian, I had the same issue with my Camaro and Corvette on Forza 3. Too much power, not enough traction (even with the best tires). Shit pissed me off

Like 10 years ago when I played racing games on my computer, I had a sweet force feedback wheel and pedals, and it pretty much kicked ass. I've always played console racing games with a controller, but I've always thought about getting a wheel. Although I hear that some games only support certain wheels, wheels are expensive, and they usually wear out. Am I hearing correctly?

Oh, and Brian, I had the same issue with my Camaro and Corvette on Forza 3. Too much power, not enough traction (even with the best tires). Shit pissed me off

Logitech g25 or g27. Use it on ps3 or where the real sims are on the pc.

Expensive and quality, look em up. Mine so far in gt5 has taken a beating and continues to work flawlessly. I would get forza if there was a decent wheel pedal combo for xbox or could use the g25 on it.

I have a lot of issues with this game but my bigges one is the drag racing mode.

Tell me what fucking car is faster in a drag race with a MT than a Auto.....

The next is that under any possible combination of parts can you get any GM product over 1000 hp but a mopar all day long.

Now I know they did not fix the drag mode for this verson and that makes me sad. Now I do not know if they fixed the hp issue.

lol @ thread.

Anyway, Forza looks and sounds pretty good this time around. I'm waiting until I actually play it to pass any judgement. I had no idea there was that much a 'wheel' problem for the 360, especially considering it's pc compatible. Can't it use any windows compatible joysticks, wheels, etc? Or does that only work the other way around?

I do love GT5 still and still play it occasionally. They is a steady, albeit slow, stream of updates and pretty cool events, including actual big contest events and other cool shit. The game itself still evolves, if only at the actual pace of natural evolution.

lol @ thread.

Anyway, Forza looks and sounds pretty good this time around. I'm waiting until I actually play it to pass any judgement. I had no idea there was that much a 'wheel' problem for the 360, especially considering it's pc compatible. Can't it use any windows compatible joysticks, wheels, etc? Or does that only work the other way around?

Only the other way around. You can use your XB controllers in Windows, but no windows controllers on XB. MS has some sort of stick up its collective ass and apparently charges a stupid amount for licensing.

I guess Mad Catz sells enough mediocre peripherals that they can afford the fee and apparently will try to fill the missing gap. Lets hope it isn't a POS when it comes out.

On another note, I disassembled my MS wheel. It was remarkably free of dust and dirt inside. On one hand that's good. On the other, there were no obvious reasons for the button failures. So I'm thinking it's the signal wires from the board in the wheel itself. They looked ok and free of kinks, but I reseated the connectors anyway. Hopefully that's all it takes. I'm taking a break before reassembly. The shift paddles are the biggest PITA in the process.

Got the wheel working! It's nice to play Forza without having buttons cut out in the middle of a race.

Played the F4 demo. It feels more NFS-ish with the sweeping turns and wide run-off areas. The STI felt more realistic in the corners though. Now that I have a working wheel I'll be picking up F4.