Bad weekend for local cars at LSX Shootout

TurboNova

Had a great time on saturday, beautiful weather and some record breaking passes. Was down and out to see Rays car on the trailer with damage to it, however glad to hear he was ok and not hurt at all. Then I saw marks vette go down the track with some problems but after talking to the guys they seemed to have an idea for changes and make another shot at it.Then they pitch a rod....

some amateur video I took and then pics I snagged of rays car.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/th_00998ea4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/ray2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/ray1.jpg

all images and video taken from iphone sorry for shitty quality.... all 4 corners of rays car had damage and looked to have some damage to cold side of turbo setup...sucks

Edited by TurboNova

The Hell happened to it?

Radiator hose came off, dumped fluid on turbo and under the tires.

It could have been a lot worse but hitting the wall at that speed and walking away is why YOU SHOULD NOT SKIMP ON SAFTEY EQUIPMENT!

I am sure Ray will build something bigger and more nasty.

Ray called me a bit ago and we spoke for awhile.

He's ok, didn't even have any soreness.

The car is not. The driver's side frame rail has been smashed in at least 3", the passenger's side pillar is crushed as well. He's at home now cutting the car apart. The only outer parts of the car that survived without damage are the hatch and driver's door. The hood is repairable, though.

The drivetrain is intact and not damaged, although the cold side piping and crossover pipe are fucked and need re-fabricated. Ray is getting rid of the car and said he should have another car lined up next week.

I'm really glad he walked away from this and that his spirit is intact :)

The car is not. The driver's side frame rail has been smashed in at least 3", the passenger's side pillar is crushed as well. He's at home now cutting the car apart. The only outer parts of the car that survived without damage are the hatch and driver's door. The hood is repairable, though.

The drivetrain is intact and not damaged, although the cold side piping and crossover pipe are fucked and need re-fabricated. Ray is getting rid of the car and said he should have another car lined up next week.

nice

Glad Ray is okay. Can't tell form the pics posted how bad it is, but if it's that bad I can understand getting a different roller. Sucks, I'm sure ray is taking it better then I would.