AtomicFusion 2.0 Official Twin 88MM 2500+hp build Thread

atomicfusion1647545515

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the wall thickness and stainless steel type for those header pipes shown on your website?? Are you using the same material flanges or mild steel flanges?

Have you been able to make any money with this car? Not to be rude but curious if that helps with motivation...

Do you need to wear an oxygen mask in a car that fast? *serious* When my old 5.0 used to hook hard I thought I could pass out and it was only capable of high 11s.

You have more balls than me to drive it!... Have you had the roll cage welds x-rayed? I have no reason to doubt them as I have never seen your car in person but I would be ultra-paranoid if I were the pilot...

Thanks for sharing!

Laters,

Andrew

Do you need to wear an oxygen mask in a car that fast? *serious* When my old 5.0 used to hook hard I thought I could pass out and it was only capable of high 11s.

Mark is so full of hot air that it pressurizes the interior of the car and works like a ventilator to keep him breathing

*serious*

What is the wall thickness and stainless steel type for those header pipes shown on your website?? Are you using the same material flanges or mild steel flanges?

Have you been able to make any money with this car? Not to be rude but curious if that helps with motivation...

You have more balls than me to drive it!... Have you had the roll cage welds x-rayed? I have no reason to doubt them as I have never seen your car in person but I would be ultra-paranoid if I were the pilot...

Thanks for sharing!

Laters,

Andrew

The new headers are 2.125 outer 2" inner and the flanges are much better steel than the tubing...

Do "I" make money on the car, no, I don't even cover expenses when I win a race... My best race win was $5k and I still lost money at that event (of course it was in Florida)

All the shops that help me make money off the car, that encourages them to help me more at best. But I didn't start racing to make money.

No, I don't need a mask *serious* it really isn't all that bad on the launches, maybe this year will be different.

as for the welds, the cage was done by Holt Race Cars and they are beyond good when it comes to cages... they actually build MUCH faster cars than mine, (pro mods and stuff like that) , so I really am not too worried about the welds.

Hope that answers all your questions.

Headers are both done...

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/431769_341021802617453_100001289075433_1041379_1946680445_n.jpg

And it looks like it is time to start wiring the car!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419935_341013625951604_100001289075433_1041368_933680144_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420815_341013595951607_100001289075433_1041367_2003977593_n.jpg

Diamond Pistons Double Coating

Diamond Pistons uses a new piston coating formula that combines heat-resistance with a friction-reducing coating. By combining hard-coat anodizing with a moly-skirt coating, Diamond’s double coating provides a thermal barrier and increases both corrosion resistance and wear resistance, while deterring piston rings from micro-welding themselves to the ring grooves. Diamond’s moly-skirt coating uses molybdenum dry-film lubricant to provide an anti-friction, anti-scuffing surface to free up power.

All the shops that help me make money off the car, that encourages them to help me more at best. But I didn't start racing to make money.

well they say the best way to make a million in racing .... is to start with 10 million.

car looks great, cant wait to see a few glory runs again this year

Holy shit that looks evil! Is there any real difference between mounting the turbos up high (in the hood) vs. mounting them down low? The only thing that comes to my mind is the increased possibility of sucking crap from the track into the turbos. Or is there any difference at all?