Gun safety-Dont shoot yourself

CRAWDAD

Basic gun safety aside. Why would anyone post a video of themselves doing something so stupid? Watching the replay of the shot makes me suspect that it's a fake. The gun angle and the way it seems to vibrate doesn't look quite right.

If it is real, Darwin Failed. Not sure why someone would make a fake of this. The only thing I could think of is he's such an idiot that it really did happen and he has logged into put comments suggesting it's fake to save some face. Pun intended.

And that is why I'll never recommend those types of holsters. Blackhawk Serpas are bad about those kind of accidents as well. I'm not quite sure why a holster needs 37 buttons pushed in sequence to get the gun out. A simple kydex or leather holster works just fine for retention. Do your part, and nobody should have the opportunity to get to your gun before you do.

Oh, and this vid is a laugh in the face of folks who insist on a manual safety. How's that working out for you? :dumb:

And that is why I'll never recommend those types of holsters. Blackhawk Serpas are bad about those kind of accidents as well. I'm not quite sure why a holster needs 37 buttons pushed in sequence to get the gun out. A simple kydex or leather holster works just fine for retention. Do your part, and nobody should have the opportunity to get to your gun before you do.

Oh, and this vid is a laugh in the face of folks who insist on a manual safety. How's that working out for you? :dumb:

That's why I ordered some Blade Tech holsters to try out. I've used some of the Blackhawk Serpas and the Safariland retention holsters and didn't have too big of an issue with them. A thumb break for a 1911 is pretty dumb though.

If people are pushing buttons on their serpa then they are doing it wrong. but yeah I could see how some dumbass could probably screw it up. Especially since we just watched a guy look down the barrel of a shot gun after a failure to fire.

The shotgun is real. Double click the play/pause button around the 22 second mark a few times and you'll see the muzzle flash basically touching his forehead and at the same time the hat moves. He posted it so people can see it and hopefully not do the same thing.

I witnessed a man I was training with do this with a s&w m&p with a lvl 2 serpa and put a 9MM FMJ in his leg. The man was a retired police officer of 22 years. He was not used to the serpa and broke a very important rule of handling a fire arm.... Never put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire!!

Training is so important, if your using some gear that is new or even something you've used a million times, the basic safety rules are most important. People forget that sometimes and that's how AD's happen. This video is a perfect example. Sometimes it's better to go slow and stick with your training you know and slowly learn your new gear, rather than getting in a hurry and then this happens.