Who has been over 200mph and it's documented

dover

Now that the miles is coming to Ohio, think I may take my bike up there.

1. What kind of power is needed to go 200+

2. What kind of safety modification to the bike need to be done?

3. What are the rules and requirements to come up and race?

4. Who all has been a documented 200+?

5. What brakes are you bike guys using? Gear?

**I could careless about you making a top speed run and you think you did 200 in a 40 miles stretch of high way. I want the specifications for people who have attempted the mile.

My setup:

Tire: REAR - Michelin Pilot Power Pure or Michelin Power One 2CT

Front - Michelin Pilot Power Pure

Brakes - SS Lines

Pads - ???

Body - Catalyst Composites Full 1 Piece Race, Catalyst Composites +10 Tail,

DME Extended Subframe, McIntosh 8-14 AlumaPro Arm, Penske

Shock, Killswitch w/ lanyard.

Power Adder - Velocity Stage II Kit

Motor - Built..

Power - 300+whp pump gas

Length - 66-68"

Safety Gear - Arai Corsair V, Vanson Leathers, A/S Ankle Boots

Gear - 17/43

(Bikes purpose is for drag racing and I realize the longer the bike the slower it will be but I am not changing my setup to race a couple times at the mile)

Edited by Dover

204 on the Busa, but no way I could do it in a mile. It takes FOREVER to go from 185 to 200+. Thats on 171whp. I'd assume you'd need 185+whp, and the perfect gearing to get there. I am also 17/43 with 11k reline. You need a suit-a lanyard, cotter pin'd axles...not much on a bike.

I've been North of 200 in the Colt as well, butt hats a different story!

You act like @ 200mph the mustang will help you live if there were an accident. If something wrong were to happened at that speed I want to "go" swiftly.

No i would just be scared out of my mind....;)

I never said anything about a mustang being safer....

You act like @ 200mph the mustang will help you live if there were an accident. If something wrong were to happened at that speed I want to "go" swiftly.

I want to go swiftly too but not as my skin is rubbed off by the ground below. I'll take tumbling in a car any day.

Present... http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/../ubb/wink.gif

Now that the miles is coming to Ohio, think I may take my bike up there.

1. What kind of power is needed to go 200+ in 1-MILE (less is required for more distance)...

Depends on the bike, rider size, weight and weather conditions. Typically 200WHP BUSA will get it done but Sal and a few lighter guys have done it with 186whp and PERFECT conditions. This is of course with full fairings. Naked class you are talking closer to 230-240whp (depending on rider)...

2. What kind of safety modification to the bike need to be done?

Get a rule book because there are always changes EVERY year. Basics are safety wire axles and pinch bolts, rear axle, oil fill/drain plugs, oil filer (K&N are best), radiator cap (may have changed), no antifreeze, kill teather attached to rider, stainless steal valve stems, metal chain guard (tiger racing), metal battery strap 360* around, steering stabilizer (OEM BUSA works).....that's pretty much it for the bike.

3. What are the rules and requirements to come up and race?

What part are you concerned with? You will have to do license passes and work your way up to 200mph. You can't just go out and blast WFO the first pass or you'll get booted.

4. Who all has been a documented 200+?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/GotBusa/BUSA%20Project%20%20Modded/TXMILE204.jpg

5. What brakes are you bike guys using? Gear?

OEM brakes are fine and you have plenty of room to stop so don't even think about slamming them on after the traps. Let up, and gently apply the brakes as you get below 150mph then you can sit up and use your body with little to no fuss. If you are going 230-260+ then that's a different story.

Gear check ECTA rules because they change. The main stuff are full leathers, boots, gloves, DOT helmet (current), and back protector. The rule book will explain the leather requirements, you can NOT just use any...

**I could careless about you making a top speed run and you think you did 200 in a 40 miles stretch of high way. I want the specifications for people who have attempted the mile.

My setup:

Tire: REAR - Michelin Pilot Power Pure or Michelin Power One 2CT 50 or 55 series???

Front - Michelin Pilot Power Pure

Brakes - SS Lines

Pads - ??? Stock is FINE!

Body - Catalyst Composites Full 1 Piece Race, Catalyst Composites +10 Tail,

DME Extended Subframe, McIntosh 8-14 AlumaPro Arm, Penske

Shock, Killswitch w/ lanyard.

Power Adder - Velocity Stage II Kit

Motor - Built..

Power - 300+whp pump gas

Length - 66-68"

Safety Gear - Arai Corsair V, Vanson Leathers, A/S Ankle Boots

Gear - 17/43

I would shorten the bike as much as possible. The longer it is the more wheel spin you will get on the big end. I would also run C16 for the added safety. Pump gas tends to melt things on Top Speed runs.

I ran 18/41 which is good for 207ish on the limiter but with your power I would probably go 19/41 to be closer to 220mph. If you just want to go 200 then 18/41 or 40 will get it done.

(Bikes purpose is for drag racing and I realize the longer the bike the slower it will be but I am not changing my setup to race a couple times at the mile)

Let me know if you have any other questions or need any help. I hope to be at one of the OHIO races this year but don't know if I'll make the first event.... :cool:

Thanks Josh I was hoping you would chime in, let me know when you come up to Ohio, I'd like to have you check my bike over before I go out there making an ass of myself. The shortest I can put the bike is 66" with the arm that's on it. Do you recommend running a 200 over a 180/190 tire? I would really like to see 220+ to be honest, especially with the power I'll be making, on C16 the bike will make stupid amount of power. I may even add meth this season to keep things cool.

When I was talking about the Michelin tire I was talking about the tire Ryan Schnitz just went 6.90@203 on. Not sure what series that is. I just want a tire that won't come apart on the big end.

Where can I go to obtain a rule book? How many passes are required to obtain my license. This is kind of a big deal, my whole family wants to come out and see if I can break the 200+ mph.

Thanks again Josh.

Thanks Josh I was hoping you would chime in, let me know when you come up to Ohio, I'd like to have you check my bike over before I go out there making an ass of myself. The shortest I can put the bike is 66" with the arm that's on it. Do you recommend running a 200 over a 180/190 tire? I would really like to see 220+ to be honest, especially with the power I'll be making, on C16 the bike will make stupid amount of power. I may even add meth this season to keep things cool.

When I was talking about the Michelin tire I was talking about the tire Ryan Schnitz just went 6.90@203 on. Not sure what series that is. I just want a tire that won't come apart on the big end.

Where can I go to obtain a rule book? How many passes are required to obtain my license. This is kind of a big deal, my whole family wants to come out and see if I can break the 200+ mph.

Thanks again Josh.

Pay the membership fee, they mail you a rule book. May as well since you will have to pay anyways but I still have mine from 2005 (prob a bit out of date?)

The only tire I have really seen come apart for street bikes going 200-240 are the Shinko's. I'd personally be confident on Michelin's or Dunlaps.

200 on a bike....no thank you

I am 1000% more confident near the limiter in 6th than 200mph in any car I have been in near those speeds. Colts, Supras, Vettes, Vipers, and Lambos included-although a Lambo is REALLY fucking stable at speed.

Its odd- but its Calimg-all you hear is the wind, and your thoughts-your so locked in to whats ahead you don't have time to worry about anything else. It literally forces you to forget everything else. I am sure Josh can attest-there is a reason Top End runs are so addicting.

Thanks again Josh.

I just stick with the standard size tire but you can bump up to a 55-series if you want a little more MPH for your gearing. You can run a 200 if you want but you'd have to measure overall diameter and see what it changes on the gearing. If it flattens out and changes your gearing it might hurt you more than it helps. Also if its a lot heavier that can change things to. C16 should be fine if you are tuned properly, if you are running pump gas then I would add meth but probably don't need both for 300whp...

There are lots of good name brand tire choices, I would just stay away from Shinko. Make sure they are heat cycled a few times or get a tire warmer for extra safety if you are worried. Just make sure you DO NOT run a plugged/patched tire and I wouldn't even ride it on the street before a race personally.

Looks like the ECTA website is down today as they transition to Wilmington from Maxton info. They will send you a rule book when you join. I believe you have to do a 150, 175, and 200 to get the A-class license (maybe even 135 also). That's my only complaint is you spend the first day just getting a license to run the speed you want but they have to keep it safe for insurance purposes...

Its a fun event so even if you don't run 200mph, there are plenty of cool things to check out and watch while you are there. Bring the family and everyone you know... :)

I am sure Josh can attest-there is a reason Top End runs are so addicting.

Its hard to explain because LSR is like nothing else and the high is unexplainable until you just do it. People that HATE 1/4-mile get a entirely new respect for speed when you race 1-MILE!

I'd say it's like comparing Auto-X to running the Nurburgring....

You are barely scratching the surface. People think, how hard is it to just floor the gas or twist the throttle, well guess what it's not that easy to go FAST!

I wanna see someone go 200 mph on a bike and pull a parachute and start floating in the sky.

Uh NO.....but if you are at Texas this weekend you may see a bike break 300MPH... ;)