hunters look: question on bow pricing

natedogg624

*if this needs to be moved to firearms section go ahead*

pics:

yes i know they are bad quality

n12453392_47377105_2778262.jpg

n12453392_47377107_3608462.jpg

n12453392_47377110_7221235.jpg

its a browning bow, needs a new string (assume it would be replaced if put on sale). i dont know the exact specs such as draw weight and length etc, but they are on the bow so i could look it up easily.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge of proper terms as it has been a long time-- but it has an upgraded arrow holder, spring loaded; 3 "pin" sight; peep sight; arrow holder on bow.

also case and arrows would be sold with it as well. i think i bought it for around 300-350 for everything including case.

if you were buying this what would you pay?

Man, if I were on decent terms with my roommate last year I'd have you email him...the dude was a bow hunting fanatic and could probably appraise it in a second. At one point last year we had at least 4 or 5 pieces of deer carcass in various places of our room :| If you do bow stuff at OSU you probably know him though...

sights are tuned at 15 yds/25 yds/50 yds.

where could i go to get my string replaced in the dayton area? Also im assuming it would be best to sell this near the start of bow season yes?

thanks for the help so far

I'd check out gander mtn, they usually have good sources if they can't get ya fixed up... and yeah I'd probably say closer to season would sell faster...

Changing a string isn't hard and is relatively cheap. Just make sure they use a double press vs a single. The pins will need to be resighted when you get the new string also(and peep)?, but thats something a buyer should do. I'd say $150 ball park yeah. Decent starter bow for someone with shorter arms or a kid.