Looking to upgrade phones

Twistedrx7

So i'm not too happy the unlimited data plan has disappeared from VZW. I have the old old old unlimited data plan that was 15 bucks back in the day, along with unlimited messaging in network and 50 out of network for like 5 bucks. If i upgrade to the Iphone 4s am i able to keep my unlimited plan and messaging plan?

I wouldnt think they could tell me i need to upgrade since i already have a data plan? any insight?

If i upgrade to the Iphone 4s am i able to keep my unlimited plan and messaging plan?

Yes. I upgraded just last week and was grandfathered into the Unlimited data plan. :cool:

The 4s kicks ass too. You'll love it. Just be prepared to never type and email or text again as the dictation through Siri is nearly perfect.

So i'm not too happy the unlimited data plan has disappeared from VZW. I have the old old old unlimited data plan that was 15 bucks back in the day, along with unlimited messaging in network and 50 out of network for like 5 bucks. If i upgrade to the Iphone 4s am i able to keep my unlimited plan and messaging plan?

I wouldnt think they could tell me i need to upgrade since i already have a data plan? any insight?

You HAVE to purchase a data plan with your iPhone, which is like 39.99/mo and unlimited texting is 19.99/mo.

Err.. for AT&T customers, that is.. I keep forgetting VZW has iPhone these days.

I have the same old unlimited plan, just signed a new contract to upgrade to a Bionic, retained unlimited plan.:fuckyeah:

Yes. I upgraded just last week and was grandfathered into the Unlimited data plan. :cool:

The 4s kicks ass too. You'll love it. Just be prepared to never type and email or text again as the dictation through Siri is nearly perfect.

So...instead of texting, you speak into your phone, which the phone then translates to text, and then presumably your recipient uses Siri to read back to them.

Why not just call :dumb:

The plan he's talking about is different than the 29.99 unlimited plan. He doesnt have a smart phone now, he upgrading to one (thats what Im getting from it at least) . Call customer service and ask. If they give you the answer you want go ahead and order it with them. If not you should know if 2gb will be enough or if you would be better off with Sprint. I use about 5gb a month on my phone, but I also use it for work. That 2gb would never work for me..

The plan he's talking about is different than the 29.99 unlimited plan. He doesnt have a smart phone now, he upgrading to one. Call customer service and ask. If they give you the answer you want go ahead and order it with them. If not you should know if 2gb will be enough or if you would be better off with Sprint.

I would plan on using it for the internet connection since service sucks in my area. Ill call customer service and see. I was really looking to getting one today.

I constantly get dropped calls where i live so i have called in constant times to complain. Im 2 miles from a tower yet in a dead spot. The rep told me one time to go to a different network.

talking to customer service, apparently im in an area with limited coverage from the railroad track on taylor north of broad up to havens corners wtf...

Poop i told them im looking to switching and they readily told me sprint has unlimited data on their network yet only on sprints tower. What happened to saving a customer from leaving?

Edited by Twistedrx7

So...instead of texting, you speak into your phone, which the phone then translates to text, and then presumably your recipient uses Siri to read back to them.

Why not just call :dumb:

No, the if the recipient doesn't have iOS, they just get a regular text message as normal and as expected. My intent is just simply to not have to type or be distracted.

In my car, Siri and Dictation functions just like the built in Ford Sync. Tap a button, say "text Joe Smith that my ETA is 5 minutes" and then Siri will pop that up on screen and read it back to me then ask if I want to send it. All within less than a few seconds. Works awesome! And it works just by pressing the same steering wheel control button too. Fully integrated out of the box.

If you're not using a blue tooth system or Sync, etc...then you can either press and hold the Home button on phone or simply put the phone to your ear as if you are making a call.

No need to call. Besides, in business, I often need to just follow up a phone call or have some type of text "back up" to what was said and texting works great for that. Make cents?

I have the same old unlimited plan, just signed a new contract to upgrade to a Bionic, retained unlimited plan.:fuckyeah:

hmm...really? the whole reason i haven't upgraded phones, yet, is because i have been worried about losing my unlimited data on my droid x

No, the if the recipient doesn't have iOS, they just get a regular text message as normal and as expected. My intent is just simply to not have to type or be distracted.

In my car, Siri and Dictation functions just like the built in Ford Sync. Tap a button, say "text Joe Smith that my ETA is 5 minutes" and then Siri will pop that up on screen and read it back to me then ask if I want to send it. All within less than a few seconds. Works awesome! And it works just by pressing the same steering wheel control button too. Fully integrated out of the box.

If you're not using a blue tooth system or Sync, etc...then you can either press and hold the Home button on phone or simply put the phone to your ear as if you are making a call.

No need to call. Besides, in business, I often need to just follow up a phone call or have some type of text "back up" to what was said and texting works great for that. Make cents?

I was just trollin.

I've got the same feature on my Bionic, just a different name. There's a preloaded one that sucks but Voice Actions in the app store is on par with Siri, it just doesn't make for the same smartass responses when you prompt it with commands like "Open the pod bay doors"