Color Management

dakotart

I recently update the Adobe Camera RAW on my laptop (windows 7) and I think I am having some color management issue.

Monitor is calibrated.

The issue I am having is that the colors that I see in Lightroom and Photoshop is not what I see in other applications such as Internet explorer, Firefox.

Windows photoview isn't correct (and wasn't before that update). I was using a program called XnView to quickly review JPG files after exporting and now it isn't showing the same colors as the Adobe products.

Anybody have any idea on what the issue may be?

-Rich

What did you calibrate it with?

I used an i1 Display Pro.

Also, it appears that the prints match Adobe so that is good. I'm just more concerned that my photos are not right when I upload them to websites. at least not even close on my computer.

Well for one I think the browsers use what is called "web colors" which will limit your color pallet by a lot.

I think firefox does a better job normally than IE, but MS may have updated since I last worried about it. I also think there are some settings in lightroom to export as a more web friendly jpeg.

The way I see it, you can do what you can to make the image look good on your "calibrated" monitor, in your "editing software", but in the end clients are going to be viewing on all types of uncalibrated crap that you can't control. Just make it look good in lightroom or photoshop and you've done what you can.