electrical question

wnaplay1647545503

Same thing. Wherever you are planning on putting the compressor (garage?) must have an outlet that supplies 220V (230V). It will most likely have a plug that looks like your stove or dryer. If you don't have an outlet, an electrician needs to run one for you. Search this site for an electrician recommendation.

Same thing. Wherever you are planning on putting the compressor (garage?) must have an outlet that supplies 220V (230V). It will most likely have a plug that looks like your stove or dryer. If you don't have an outlet, an electrician needs to run one for you. Search this site for an electrician recommendation.

This.

I just hooked one up for my Dad, most of those are direct wire. You'll just need to know whether its a 20 or 30 amp unit. 20 amp should be on a cicuit run with 12 gauge wire, 30 amp on 10 gauge. So long as there is space in the panel you'd likely need to run a line to it.

Get your breaker to match the rating for the compressor. Add up the amperage for all circuits to see if you're still under the max rating for the main. Elsewise you'll need a second box. Other than that its pretty straight forward. Even with my air compressor (80 gallon Campbell Hausfeld 30 amp breaker), and the oven (9900 watts 30 amp) running at the same time I've not had any problems with breakers popping in the house.

Get your breaker to match the rating for the compressor. Add up the amperage for all circuits to see if you're still under the max rating for the main. Elsewise you'll need a second box. Other than that its pretty straight forward. Even with my air compressor (80 gallon Campbell Hausfeld 30 amp breaker), and the oven (9900 watts 30 amp) running at the same time I've not had any problems with breakers popping in the house.

This would be a possible issue if you were getting it inspected, or if you had a small service, but since it won't be running all the time and I know the houses in your neighborhood aren't old enough to have a little shitbox service I think this is a little overkill. Just make sure it gets on the right size breaker.

This would be a possible issue if you were getting it inspected, or if you had a small service, but since it won't be running all the time and I know the houses in your neighborhood aren't old enough to have a little shitbox service I think this is a little overkill. Just make sure it gets on the right size breaker.

Currently its a 100 amp. But its not the original box from '85. I'm not sure if it would have had that much then or not. But its got the goofy routing if the microwave is running, and the downstairs on at the same time it'll pop that circuit. Or the bedrooms and living room.

Currently its a 100 amp. But its not the original box from '85. I'm not sure if it would have had that much then or not.

Are we talking about the same thing? I was refering to Jason's house. Most houses came with 150amp in the 90s, a lot more get 200amp services now. Before that its kind of a crap shoot, IMHO 100 amp is too small anymore since there is so much electrical stuff anymore and it just keeps getting worse.

Are we talking about the same thing? I was refering to Jason's house. Most houses came with 150amp in the 90s, a lot more get 200amp services now. Before that its kind of a crap shoot, IMHO 100 amp is too small anymore since there is so much electrical stuff anymore and it just keeps getting worse.

Ah gotcha. you had me quoted there. I agree though bigger is better.