Grand Theft Auto V

Bigbird

Finally, looks like its San Andreas or least the area again. Hope they make it more like San Andreas than GTA4 honestly. The story in GTA4 was good and obviously the graphics but there was so much more to do and fun to be had in San Andreas.

Everything I didnt like about GTA IV looks as though its been fixed.

-LIGHT!!!! HOLY CRAP WE'LL BE ABLE TO SEE AGAIN. I appreciated the shadowy realism of "Liberty City"/NYC in IV but it did not lend itself to a pleasant gaming experience that took advantage of the reflections and textures the engine was capable of handling.

-Map size: Smaller map in LC was good for what they wanted to do, but felt like getting short changed after how expansive GTA:SA was.

-Planes: The best part of SA was having your own airstrip and being able to earn fun big boy toys to blow shit up with.

I hope they bring back the whole gang element from SA as well.

I'm obviously very excited. I'm hoping they take a step back so to speak and go towards the over-the-top feel that the series used to have. IV was great, but the cars felt ridiculously slow. Even the ones that were supposed to be like Ferrari's made a ton of noise but didn't really feel like they were going anywhere. It looks promising though.

I'm obviously very excited. I'm hoping they take a step back so to speak and go towards the over-the-top feel that the series used to have. IV was great, but the cars felt ridiculously slow. Even the ones that were supposed to be like Ferrari's made a ton of noise but didn't really feel like they were going anywhere. It looks promising though.

1st person view fixes that and makes for some exciting driving once you're used to it.

I'm pretty excited, too. I didn't see any release date, though.

1st person view fixes that and makes for some exciting driving once you're used to it.

I'm pretty excited, too. I didn't see any release date, though.

I heard 13 months, which would be December of next year. Very disappointing since it already looks pretty far along in development. There are some pretty massive spoilers out there on the internet if you go looking. They were posted on 4chan just before the trailer came out, by a guy claiming he worked for Rockstar, so take it for what it's worth. However, a lot of what he said matched up with the trailer pretty well. And he did say that the gang wars would be back.

Why do they use fake names, like vinewood?

It allows them the freedom to not adhere to reality. If they were to call it Hollywood, all the fanboys would complain that Rodeo Drive is actually 500 feet longer than is represented in the game, and Beverly Hills is WAY disproportionate. Instead, everything they do is a clever tribute to reality.

Same reason that The Simpsons used a car called the "Lamborghotti Fastossa".

Copyrights and trademarks.

It allows them the freedom to not adhere to reality. If they were to call it Hollywood, all the fanboys would complain that Rodeo Drive is actually 500 feet longer than is represented in the game, and Beverly Hills is WAY disproportionate. Instead, everything they do is a clever tribute to reality.

Same reason that The Simpsons used a car called the "Lamborghotti Fastossa".

That pretty much sums it up. Cheaper for them in the long run as they can spend more money on the game development rather than names, and the freedom they get. Goes better with the game too because a lot of time it leads to a little comic relief.