AR15 Accessories

Archie

• 1 month later...
I just ordered a Spike's stripped lower and enhanced parts kit. I've been checking out all these sites looking for ideas. Would the gun show be a good place to see a lot of products up-close or is it all generic/old stuff? I'd burn a couple hours of weekend time in travel alone and don't want to waste my time.

Water your feelings on buying fix-ins from CheaperthanDirt or just off of Amazon? Wassup free shipping

If you want cheap junk that is delicate, may or may not work, and won't last then go for it. It looks mostly the same as quality stuff! Depends on what you want to do with the rifle honestly. What's the old saying "buy once, cry once" or something?

For things like scopes, lights, rails, etc. I'd spend the money the first time and never buy again. Plus then it has resale value.

If you want cheap junk that is delicate, may or may not work, and won't last then go for it. It looks mostly the same as quality stuff! Depends on what you want to do with the rifle honestly. What's the old saying "buy once, cry once" or something?

For things like scopes, lights, rails, etc. I'd spend the money the first time and never buy again. Plus then it has resale value.

A lot of the stuff on CTD and even Amazon is the same as other sites. Not top of the line but still great products... I'm not looking at cheap $20 scopes/grips/ect. just don't really need to blow $600 on a scope. Maybe 100-200 for something that will hold zero and do its job?

Any recommendations for a decent scope to put on my floating setup or a grip on my BRO/aimpoint setup?

Are you asking about two different rifles now? One you want a scope on, and one already has an Aimpoint, but needs a grip? Grips are easy- tangodown, magpul, etc. high quality for cheap. For the scope it would depend on what you want to do with the rifle.

-Is this a benchrest gun? Varmint rifle? Blaster?

-Used in daytime only, or in hours of low light?

-What range?

Are you asking about two different rifles now? One you want a scope on, and one already has an Aimpoint, but needs a grip? Grips are easy- tangodown, magpul, etc. high quality for cheap. For the scope it would depend on what you want to do with the rifle.

-Is this a benchrest gun? Varmint rifle? Blaster?

-Used in daytime only, or in hours of low light?

-What range?

The scope would be more of a varmint / hunting type, definitely in the 100 - 150 yd range - maybe further. I've already got some ideas on grips, just didnt know what anyone else would recommend; seems like we have a lot of AR15 gurus on the board.

Also, I've never seen an AR with a stock like this:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/apietra/9a7826c1.jpg

Is there a stock that slips over it or what? I'm thinking about tricking this sucker out a lil.

That looks like a pistol buffer. They're made so a standard stock will not slide over them, because the gun was built in a pistol configuration (short) and a stock would make it an NFA item. You would want to put a standard (I recommend mil-spec not commercial) receiver extension (buffer tube) assy. on there for for actual shooting, although you would then be in possession of a NFA item which is a whole can of worms.

The scope would be more of a varmint / hunting type, definitely in the 100 - 150 yd range - maybe further. I've already got some ideas on grips, just didnt know what anyone else would recommend; seems like we have a lot of AR15 gurus on the board.

Also, I've never seen an AR with a stock like this:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/apietra/9a7826c1.jpg

Is there a stock that slips over it or what? I'm thinking about tricking this sucker out a lil.

Thats a Pistol there broseph, barrel length is under 16inches with the flash hider/compensator hence the grooved dick hanging out the back.

Thats a Pistol there broseph, barrel length is under 16inches with the flash hider/compensator hence the grooved dick hanging out the back.

Thought the reciever/buffertube was smaller on pistols??? Fuck, guess I didn't realize that - seems a bit big for a pistol when you hold it.