15k Viper

coltboostin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-RT10-VIPER-DODGE-1994-Original-Owner-am-Sacrificing-my-favorite-car-all-time-/250925898258?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a6c595a12

Actually saw this car IN PERSON in Key Largo last week. Got me thinking....

Called and he waned 22k. I said nah and went back to GTL. No "rust", body and interior is ruff. Its obvious the car was not well maintained. But, for 15-16k cash and grab???? :dumb:

Thoughts?

Opinions?

Just judging by the paint though, you'd be in for a paint job at least. For that type of car, you need to do it up right. You'd probably be at 20k right there, not including what ever other mystery issues it has at 66k.

Those could be babied miles, or they could be paul-brower-hotlapped-264,000-times-down-the-track miles.

I assume youd be in it for 20-25k, but for that $ id rather pay 30 something for a Gen II or Gen III

Edited by AWW$HEEET

With paint like that I would be worried the oil in the motor was never changed and that the rest of the car was as beat as the paint.

I was thinking the same. It's not very often that people will that badly neglect the physical appearance aspects of the car and not mechanical aspects. Ticking time bomb if you ask me.

"Always Garaged" - It's pretty hard with today's modern cars to get clear coat failure in < 20 years on a car that's always garaged.

Maybe I'm blinded by the fact that I've always wanted a Viper, but taking in consideration that it's a Chrysler product with black paint from 1994 and has lived it's entire life in that blazing hot environment, the clearcoat issues don't surprise me. The interior does look pretty nasty, but it's hard to tell the actual severity of it just from pictures, it may clean up well with a detail from a knowledgable person.

As far as the maintenance history, it's the original owner selling it so if he treated it well there should be records of it. If there is no paper trail of the maintenance, I think I'd keep searching, but the cosmetic issues wouldn't bother me for the price.

With paint like that I would be worried the oil in the motor was never changed and that the rest of the car was as beat as the paint.

Thats my worry. Like I said I saw it in Key Largo-I sat int he thing-ti needs TLC. And a Viper IMO should not need ANY TLC!!!

I mean its hard to find 94 Dodge COLTS that beat...:lolguy:

Maybe I'm blinded by the fact that I've always wanted a Viper, but taking in consideration that it's a Chrysler product with black paint from 1994 and has lived it's entire life in that blazing hot environment, the clearcoat issues don't surprise me. The interior does look pretty nasty, but it's hard to tell the actual severity of it just from pictures, it may clean up well with a detail from a knowledgable person.

As far as the maintenance history, it's the original owner selling it so if he treated it well there should be records of it. If there is no paper trail of the maintenance, I think I'd keep searching, but the cosmetic issues wouldn't bother me for the price.

I was not really "searching", I just saw it on the side of the road and checked it out. Hens the question "is it a deal"

Don't waste your fucking money on an RT/10... GTS or bust.

I am super Ghey for RT/10's

Grooved rotors - check

peeling clearcoat despite claim of perpetual garage life - check

sellers says nothing about his car, only talks about his experience buying it and chrysler's concept behind it - check

interior with the color of rhino ass - check.

well that about covers the bases for me, I'd say for $15k you're buying yourself $15k more worth of repairs only to end up with a $30k hunk of shit you can only sell for $12k after it drives you insane

If I wanted another track toy - this is a good start (if it was $15k). Condition would be corrected to 50/50 and would drive the crap out of it. I've wanted one of these for the track, but can't see walking away from $30-40k when (not if, but when) I have an off with it.