Black Betty, 1989 RX7 GTUs NASA PTD road racer

Tinman

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/tinman_015/1085531872_ver1-6069.jpg

1989 RX7 GTUs, one of ~1100 made. Rust free car from North Carolina. Only the best was used in the build, http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=4555.0 Since this build thread was last updated there have been some changes, fully functional brake ducting, replaced the aluminum airdam with a factory TII piece and a new undertray to match, and a few other odds and ends.

It currently weighs 2850lbs. with me(145lbs.)and 1/8 tank of fuel. There is just over 160lbs. of ballast bolted to the floorboard and the transmission cross member was built to put more required weight as low as possible, it weighs 60lbs. A tubular unit could be built shedding an additional 50-55lbs. In short the car could easily weigh 2470 dry.

The stock tune makes 199rwhp with room to grow. With a proper tune it should make 210rwhp or more. The current tune made 185rwhp in early April weather, it was probably down a few ponies in the heat this summer.

It is still street legalish. Clean and clear Ohio title and all the lights work except for the headlights which were removed. However I doubt it would pass an E check of any sort.

Nothing has been done that would prevent a rotary engine being reinstalled.

She comes with spares, wheels, and tires galore,

Various sensors, throttle body, and coils for the 3800

Spare transmission

N/A diff with 3.90 gears and viscous LSD

Clutch type LSD for current TII diff

TII diff housing and center section, no gears

2 diff mounts

5 front control arms

Pair of front knuckles

4 front hubs

2 rack and pinions

Pair of rear knuckles

Pair of rear hubs

3 front calipers (cores)

Pair of doors

2 rear bumper covers

Front bumper cover

Wiperless rear hatch

Rear hatch frame

Aluminum hood (bent front corner)

TII side skirts

2 sets of 17x9 wheels

2 sets of 17x8 wheels

9 225/45/17 BFG R1

4 245/40/17 BFG R1

4 245/45/17 Hoosiers radial wets

4 245/40/17 Hankook Ventus C51 compound

At the NASA Championships I spun in Friday's qualifying race and was collected by another car, it suffered some body damage, all cosmetic. I pulled it out well enough to pass the 50/50 rule and continued to race that weekend but the body work still needs attention.

I would like to get $8500 for it in it's current condition. I considered fixing the body damage and ask for more but I'm anxious to start the new project.

• 4 months later...