Urban Meyer (Just got real)

KennyFKINPowerz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevada was wrong though. He was announced last night in a press conference. Not at the halftime of the OSU-Duke game. I also thought I heard something about Urban being somewhere to interview staff and not even being at the game tonight.

I don't think it was the ESPN cameraman. I read it was some lady near the camera. Passed out or, maybe like you said, had a seizure then collapsed and hit the camera. Lots of people who were listening to the presser on their radios said they were freaking out thinking it was Urban who they were calling the EMS for...lol.

Nevada was wrong though. He was announced last night in a press conference. Not at the halftime of the OSU-Duke game. I also thought I heard something about Urban being somewhere to interview staff and not even being at the game tonight.

Yeah, he was off by one day over a month in advance. Dude doesn't know anything. :lolguy: Plus he never really "owned" that rumor. Any and all credit went to his "4th wiseman of OSU football" (most likely guess at who that is right now is Earle Bruce). Regardless, I was more or less pointing out that I posted the same info Big Chief posted about a month ahead of him. :gabe:

I don't think it was the ESPN cameraman. I read it was some lady near the camera. Passed out or, maybe like you said, had a seizure then collapsed and hit the camera. Lots of people who were listening to the presser on their radios said they were freaking out thinking it was Urban who they were calling the EMS for...lol.

Yeah, he was off by one day over a month in advance. Dude doesn't know anything. :lolguy: Plus he never really "owned" that rumor. Any and all credit went to his "4th wiseman of OSU football" (most likely guess at who that is right now is Earle Bruce). Regardless, I was more or less pointing out that I posted the same info Big Chief posted about a month ahead of him. :gabe:

I doubt it was Earle. Earle said many times that there was 0 contact between Urban and anyone from OSU before last weekend. I think the timeline that Nevada gave was more or less the timeline that whatever mega booster or trustee knew of that the admins and BOT wanted. I honestly do not believe Urban was a done deal until this past weekend, especially with the comments that Earle was making on 610 this morning. If Urban said "no thanks" last weekend or anytime, yesterday still would have been the announcement.

My brother-in-law is one of the guys on the Buckeye Fever show (Nathan Baker) and was there with Clay Hall covering the presser and was sitting right in front of the girl who fainted. She basically fell into a number of cameras including the ESPN feed. That's the story.

Like I said the whole time this was being talked about the last few weeks, I don't doubt that there wasn't any direct contact between Urban and official OSU representatives until Urban and Bruce say there was. But there was plenty of contact between Urban's "people" and OSU's "people" before Nov. 20th. It was pretty obvious at the presser yesterday when Urban was asked about it. He had to think for a second and remember to say the Nov. 20th date...lol.

Like I said the whole time this was being talked about the last few weeks, I don't doubt that there wasn't any direct contact between Urban and official OSU representatives until Urban and Bruce say there was. But there was plenty of contact between Urban's "people" and OSU's "people" before Nov. 20th. It was pretty obvious at the presser yesterday when Urban was asked about it. He had to think for a second and remember to say the Nov. 20th date...lol.

I don't doubt there was some contact of "what would you want, what would we need to do, blah blah blah". I still don't think it was a done deal until this past weekend. Especially since from what I hear some of the negotiations were pretty heated (academic standards, staff fund, etc)