My observation now that its deer hunting season

TimTaylor751647545500

While making a trip to Dayton and Wooster for the Holiday, I noticed a TON of dead deer on the freeway that had their heads mysteriously removed. I'm assuming they all just decided to commit suicide and stick their heads into traffic and had them lopped off.

But seriously, what sort of low-life pulls over on the freeway and cuts the head off a dead deer?

I assume this is an illegal practice? If I were into mounting/selling mounts I would find it hard to resist illegally taking the head off an already dead animal I knew would just be sent to a dump or wherever dead animals go nowadays, when I could potentially make some money.

I assume this is an illegal practice? If I were into mounting/selling mounts I would find it hard to resist illegally taking the head off an already dead animal I knew would just be sent to a dump or wherever dead animals go nowadays, when I could potentially make some money.

Somewhat off topic, but ODOT dumps all the dead carcasses off 98 in waldo. theres a nice fishing hole up that way but you gotta walk through roadkill first.

Deer that are already dead on the side of the road are fair game. You hit a deer its free for the taking. but if people are poaching them form their vehicles that's a different story.

Deer that are already dead on the side of the road are fair game. You hit a deer its free for the taking. but if people are poaching them form their vehicles that's a different story.

Uh no, it's not. You have to get an accident tag from the sherrif. ALL deer in Ohio have to be legally tagged and checked.

Uh no, it's not. You have to get an accident tag from the sherrif. ALL deer in Ohio have to be legally tagged and checked.

i witnessed a car hit a deer on 315 one time. I stopped to assist the lady, make sure she was okay and stuff. shortly after a SHP showed up and shot the deer. a passer by in a truck stopped, asked if he could have it and the SHP helped him scoop it up and off he went. no tags were exchanged?

i witnessed a car hit a deer on 315 one time. I stopped to assist the lady, make sure she was okay and stuff. shortly after a SHP showed up and shot the deer. a passer by in a truck stopped, asked if he could have it and the SHP helped him scoop it up and off he went. no tags were exchanged?

It should be in a report. If you get caught with deer meat without a tag it's a HUGE fine. If nothing was recorded or exchanged, the Highway Patrol fucked up. You are technically supposed to even keep the tag with your meat in the freezer.

Correct. It is not legal and neither is cutting off the antlers. I'll look up more later.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1533.121

Correct. It is not legal and neither is cutting off the antlers. I'll look up more later.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1533.121

In some states if you get an accident animal the wildlife officer takes the head so that it cannot be mounted.

Also in some states if you hit an animal and do not report it and they catch you, your fine is the value of the meat because all the animals are donated to food pantries and homeless shelters

What if the meat is given to you and you have no tag? Cops raid your house and find illegal deer meat in your freezer... :dumb:

Anymore all you need is the tag number. I have it written in perm marker on all the packages. If anything I would just tell them where you got it and they would check their tags. If you have a couple steaks or something they will never hassle you. It's having whole deer with no tags where you could ever really get into trouble.

Call me when you're ready. There are a shit ton of them on our property out east. Soon to be a few less. :masturboy:

No doubt you would probably vomit and cry while trying to field dress an animal.

same goes for you

Nope. I've been a part of several with my brother in law in charge of it and showing me the ropes. We can't tag our bags though.

So the first thing you admit is that you have never done it yourself ROFL.

My favorite part is doing a quick dress and not cutting the sterum, reaching up through the guts to grab ahold of the esophogus and trachea in the throat and then pulling everything out.