Gold and silver

gaewsky1

Both. I typically just buy American Eagles and a bit of Bullion. Your newer American Eagles will just be weight+premium.

My dad on the other hand is a collector and has some pretty amazing sets.

Both. I typically just buy American Eagles and a bit of Bullion. Your newer American Eagles will just be weight+premium.

My dad on the other hand is a collector and has some pretty amazing sets.

Am I right in thinking that is the world goes in the crapper and gold/silver is used for buying things that bullion and graded coins will be the same thing based on weight (1oz is 1oz) as opposed to how pretty the coin looks?

I just bought some gold graded coins and am curious if in the long run I made a mistake.

Am I right in thinking that is the world goes in the crapper and gold/silver is used for buying things that bullion and graded coins will be the same thing based on weight (1oz is 1oz) as opposed to how pretty the coin looks?

I just bought some gold graded coins and am curious if in the long run I made a mistake.

With the research I've done, your theory seems to be correct

btw i wouldnt pay anything over "spot" price, or the scrap value for whatever you are buying. any "premium" wont be worth shit if you are simply speculating for gold value. no one cares if it has a cute bunny or eagle printed on the front.

"premium" is the dealer's markup. You won't find very much gold without a markup. It's usually a flat fee over spot

You are correct. He just collects as a hobby. He has like 15 #1 NGC rated collections. They would all be worth the same as a brand new 1oz gold eagle if the world economy collapsed.

I feel the same way.... but im in platinum, steel and aluminium

Well I'm investing in bauxite so you shall bow to me!!!!

I'm also heavily invested in technetium and mercury, and am currently weaponizing them to make my toxic liquid fire ray gun. Currently finding that I need to set aside some money for molybdenum r&d to truly harness the power.

Also beryllium. You can never have too much beryllium.

I feel the same way.... but im in platinum, steel and aluminium

Except those three metals don't make bullets.

If the world goes to shit, all that will be worth anything is food and bullets. It would be a long time before gold matters again, and far longer for silver to matter. Invest in something useful

Despite my earlier attempts to troll, my friend is in Azerbaijan and I'm gonna have her bring me back a metric ton of saffron, which is apparently cheap as dirt there.

argh.. tell em to bring me some as well! (its retarded expensive here)

And honestly.. i really wasnt trolling..

If the world goes to shit, all that will be worth anything is food and bullets. It would be a long time before gold matters again, and far longer for silver to matter. Invest in something useful

Came here to post the same thing.

Now I don't think it will happen in our lifetime, but IF it does,...

guns, ammo, water, and non parishables will be worth 10000000000000000000000000000000000x gold

Gold is at an all time high right now; obviously the time to buy, right?

If the world goes to shit, shiny metals vs fiat currency will be the least of your worries.

Didn't say it was all gold. I bought a coin for my son as a Christmas gift. I am looking more at silver.

steel up 10% this morning..

whos going to give you a gun for your gold? im sure if dday came i could make a bullet out of steel. but i know no one that would take gold for a gun esp if our money system collapsed.

dont forget about water thats the most important..