Tight ass's

Linc5.0

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to Be able to say whatever we want... Now this website is like nazi regime... It's getting rediculous. I miss my freedom of speech...

i miss.....the use....of....single....periods.

I agree. ive only had one thread of mine locked down; funny enough it was by the one of the antagonists in the IPS saga.

i will say this, its hard enough to manage a group of people and attitudes in real life....muchless online where no one gives a fuck about hurting feelings. Theres something to be said about hiding behind interwebz anonymity, a la Ring of Gyges.

We used to Be able to say whatever we want... Now this website is like nazi regime... It's getting rediculous. I miss my freedom of speech...

LOL, freedom of speech is only guaranteed by the government, private organizations such as this have the right to deny people that right inside their venue. Had you read the rules sticky you would know this :yuno:

I agree. ive only had one thread of mine locked down; funny enough it was by the one of the antagonists in the IPS saga.

i will say this, its hard enough to manage a group of people and attitudes in real life....muchless online where no one gives a fuck about hurting feelings. Theres something to be said about hiding behind interwebz anonymity, a la Ring of Gyges.

Nail on head...

LOL, freedom of speech is only guaranteed by the government, private organizations such as this have the right to deny people that right inside their venue. Had you read the rules sticky you would know this :yuno:

I knew someone would throw this card, congrats you're the limp dick that did. I've read the stickies, all I am saying is 5 years ago it was way more liberal than it is now. I know the rules and I don't think half the stuff thrown out is breaking them.

I am actually using the extra dots correctly. They are supposed to be used to show an unfinished thought, I have many more thoughts to express but used those just to show my more important points.

You can say whatever you want -- just like in real life. But, just like in real life, you have to live with the consequences. Right or wrong is irrelevant. Perception is typically all that matters.

How many different TV / Radio personalities or politicians or celebrities no longer have a job because they said something off the cuff that maybe wasn't even intended the way it came out but public perception said otherwise and off they went.

Jeff

I knew someone would throw this card, congrats you're the limp dick that did. I've read the stickies, all I am saying is 5 years ago it was way more liberal than it is now. I know the rules and I don't think half the stuff thrown out is breaking them.

5 years ago. Trolls were few and far between. Now it seems as tho everyone is a troll...... ...

I am actually using the extra dots correctly. They are supposed to be used to show an unfinished thought, I have many more thoughts to express but used those just to show my more important points.

If only people on the internet would take things with a grain of salt, things might not need to be so quite heavily regulated...knaww what i mean...dawg

If you do a search for "nazi mod" and dig around a bit you will notice in quoted posts that one of the Greenie brothers back in 2004 used the screen name "Nazi Administrator"

So no, 5 years ago people were bitching that back in the day, things were way more relaxed and they could get away with saying way more bullshit. This is the same argument that will be used until the end of time. It was beaten to death long ago.

EDIT: here ya go,

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13744&highlight=nazi+mod

I think Erik has a point. I noticed all the drama from yesterday was purged from the board. However, similar threads from like 2007 would go on for 20+ pages.

Ultimately, Mike's right (and Erik isn't even disputing it): since this is a private place, then whoever is in control can run it however they want. Being here is a privilege, not a right.

:gabe:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I thoroughly enjoy Gabe and his antics. This place would get really boring real quick if it weren't for people like him.

There's a difference between intelligent trolling and just plain stupid trolling, at least in my opinion.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I thoroughly enjoy Gabe and his antics. This place would get really boring real quick if it weren't for people like him.

There's a difference between intelligent trolling and just plain stupid trolling, at least in my opinion.

Truth. Without us around this place would be a ghost town/Snoozefest except for the occasional thread of people complimenting and giving tug jobs out for having a nice car.

Gotta have BOTH ying and yang.