Winter Beerfest Announced!

KillJoy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy convinced me to go, im not a huge beer snob though.

Do they let you drink even if your drunk? (we plan on taking a cab) im not a stupid drunk and fall all over the place but if they're gonna cut me off after 6/7 'tastings' because i might be too drunk then i dont really wanna go.

Also, how is it setup? As in, do you just walk up to a booth and ask for a beer and they give it to you in a dixie cup? or can we party with red solo cups like real men?

You will get a tasting glass if VIP or a plastic cup if not VIP when you get there. You'll also get a sheet of tickets. 1 ticket per beer, but historically nobody cares about the tickets. Most of the people doing the pouring and serving are volunteers, so nobody really cares about the tickets. If you're having trouble standing up, or are obnoxiously drunk then people will probably quit serving you, but otherwise I doubt anyone will say anything. Hell, they are probably a bit drunk too since volunteers can drink while they work. Last time I volunteered I got pretty hammered.

I asked about Nugget Nectar at Anderson's (Swamill) the other day, they said it was seasonal and not out now.

I know its seasonal. So is Bell's Hopslam, but they are managing to bring it there.

release date is looking like mid-February...very limited supply this year.

tom

Odd, I think it was early to mid January last year. Regardless, I will be at anderson's to pick up a few 6'ers

If you see these 2, tell them to have an extra one for Vince.

:fuckyeah:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395848_10101341429626195_12448012_68778406_715414470_n.jpg

They look familiar. I probably served them a beer or five. Spell check is saving me now. Between the Barley Wine and the Breakfast stout that Maumee had on tap I am pretty screwed u\p. Glad I didn't have to drive home.

I thought there was a good amount of hot girls there. More than I expected. Good times regardless.

There really was a decent amount of hot ones. It was funny watching how the people changed as the night went on. Everyone got that fucked up look on their faces, dance floor filled up and some weren't even wearing headphones, couples started making out in the middle of the crowd.

Some damn fine beers were had. Really started feeling it around 8:30. Thats about the time I decided to stop waiting in line, which worked out very well for me.

Pretty interesting to see a couple hundred people trying to get thier coats at the same time at the end, and the people who got thier coats getting crowd surfed out, lol.