Just bought a Hi-Point 9mm carbine rifle. Pic/review

Rustlestiltskin

First off, I was looking at 1911 .45's but couldn't find the one I liked and before I left I saw this. I was curious about them before and also liked the kel-Tec sub2000 9mm but none are ever in stock so I played with this one. Ended up buying it new for $229+tax. I went with the 9mm version bc I'm not looking for some home defense stopper. I just wanted a fun pistol rd carbine that was easy on the wallet but still had a kick.

So I picked up a 100rds of fmj winchesters and off I went to go shoot some pumpkins. Here is a before pic I took on tue truck bed of the hi point, my .22 revolver and bench made auto folder.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/3aa3f54f.jpg

After putting some rds thru the hi point I was seriously surprised at how well it shot and cycled the rds. I never had a jam or anything. I didn't even have to mess with the sites. I was hitting bull eyes standing up at 50yrds just messing around. Overall for a cheap plinker that has some fun factor this gun blew my expectations away.

I recommend it to anybody

Hi-point got a bad rap a long time ago and then they stepped it up. I own a hipoint 9mm and i would trust my life to it. Never had it jam on me.

Also when i emailed the company to ask where to buy the extended magazine they sent me one and a replacement sight for free no shipping just free. Didn't even ask for my serial #

I was going to ask whats the capacity on the stock mags? 10 rounds? I think i heard an aftermarket supplier selling hi capacity 17 or 18 round mags but they weren't very dependable.

Personally i wouldve waited for the keltec sub2000, but thats only b/c i own a Glock 9mm so switching mags would be super easy.

Ive heard alot of good things about these carbines though. i think they look kinda ugly but if its dependable and cheap to shoot nothing else matters i suppose. Let us know how its holds up.

Its an ATI stock I picked up from Midway. They just come black, I simply prepped and painted it. I also went one step further and ground down the handle quite a bit...felt like I was holding a 2x2. Its now form fitting to my hand. The red dot (not pictured) is a Tasco