GoPro Users...

wagner

Who has them and how do you like them? I am thinking about picking one up with some christmas money I get from family.

I like the Hero2 motorsports addition set up.

How cool would CR track day videos be with some more go pro footage? Maybe some slow mo stuff? Helmet cams?

I have a HD Hero 960 and it was pretty fun this year having it at the track. Video was really good at 960p and when attached the the rear bumper the audio was good for hearing the exhaust. I will be getting a second camera next year so i can get forward and chase view for my track videos next year. I'm i'll probably go with a Hero 2.

I have the motorsports one, works well.

I've attached it via the suction cup @ 100+ with no issue.

Sounds still isn't "stellar" but better than old versions for sure.

You are welcome to try it out if you want.

I have the motorsports HD 2 if you want to play around with it you can.

Might take you guys up on that.

Hell for the track days I might see if you let me play with them then.

I have some cool ideas for next year :)

ive used mine for some autox, etc. works great, never had a problem with it. I prefer the 720p with the higher fps though, I think it ends up looking better than the 1080p at the lower fps. I never need to see the videos on that large of a screen anyway.

Got the 1080p one and it does a great job.

That was a very rough surface and I was using the suction cup mount. Sound sucks, but really, you aren't going to get great sound outside of a car at speed without a really expensive microphone. The sound is good enough and would be a little clearer if I had the open back on the housing. (I use the water-tight back to keep the dust out)

I have the 1080P and want to pick up another.

Awesome video anywhere mounted on my truck. Awesome video mounted on my bike helmet. You can really hear the bike, not wind. I would link the videos of some rolls with it, but I'd rather not get in trouble on here.

I plan on buying one for the power tour next year since we will be out in Texas so we will have more spirited runs. I was looking at the site yesterday and noticed that you can run a remote mic ... Anyone try this and know more about what mics might be best?

I have 2 HD's and 1 SD model... I run the HD's front and back on the car and the SD for in car footage. We have a lot of races recorded and get great info from them.

I use the suction cup mounts and haven't had any come off yet (up to 184mph traps)

I like them.