CR Shirt Design Submissions

wagner

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is just something for people to think about, a basic idea, and a try to keep this on topic and useful...

http://www.customink.com/designs/crv1/dpu0-000m-tqu9/hotlink?pc=HL-46120&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-2-_-Header_txt-_-prehead1

I like the idea of something like the "CR" on the front and perhaps the "Columbus Racing" spelled out across the back. But I'm not sure I'm a fan of the "No Speed Limit" - that comes across as too, I dunno, predictable? The shirt ends up looking like every other car club shirt out there.

I think less is better. Use a CR, then make no attempt to explain what it is. Just a C and an R. Make it aesthetically pleasing, but a bit mysterious. Make people wonder what exactly it is. Less is more.

There's my two cents.

I like the idea of something like the "CR" on the front and perhaps the "Columbus Racing" spelled out across the back. But I'm not sure I'm a fan of the "No Speed Limit" - that comes across as too, I dunno, predictable? The shirt ends up looking like every other car club shirt out there.

I think less is better. Use a CR, then make no attempt to explain what it is. Just a C and an R. Make it aesthetically pleasing, but a bit mysterious. Make people wonder what exactly it is. Less is more.

There's my two cents.

I just tossed that on there as a place holder to show placement for a graphic.

I am just trying to spur something positive along.

From what I understand there will be nothing considered that has anything to do with trolling or meme bullshit.

is it possible to do the 100 shirts but have 2 or 3 design ideas used? might get more to sell and possibly a couple different designs per person, might be easier to sell the entire 100 shirts or more, btw beanies and hoodies and etc still a go or are we just going with shirts only for now?

is it possible to do the 100 shirts but have 2 or 3 design ideas used? might get more to sell and possibly a couple different designs per person, might be easier to sell the entire 100 shirts or more, btw beanies and hoodies and etc still a go or are we just going with shirts only for now?

Beanies can be done at any time

They will be stitched out

" Columbus racing" most colors available

I was trying to come up with some ideas for a graphic, but CR is a pretty diverse group. A lot of us drag race, but their are road racers and autocross folks too. Maybe concentrate on a slogan or quote that would be universal.

From Brainyquote.com

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

- George Best

When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.

- Ayrton Senna

From http://www.wediditforlove.com/techtalk16.html

"Don’t lift unless you smell shit or hear glass break."

Sean Bellemeur

"After the third flip, I lost control............"

- Don Roberts

One last one from http://www.gofastnews.com/showthread.php/705-Racing-quotes

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines."

- Enzo Ferrari

That one is nice Wagz, I was sort of joking about the Troll face lol. I just thought it'd be funny since there is more trolling on this site then actual racing it seems

Screen Printers hate Acuras Josh. Sorry.

As for the shirts, a small CR on the chest, for the back a large CR columbusracing.com across the bottom would be I think. Leave plenty of room for shoulder shrugging.

OK...I KNOW this is very rough. I only have access to MS Paint at work. I can make it clean and solid in Sketchbookpro at home. But you get the idea. I altered an NHRA event logo I found. F' the TM. Problem? :gabe:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6499597717_6f20ce0683.jpg

CR LOGO IDEA by harmonda, on Flickr

When you clean it up later try one with the dates and 10 year stuff removed and I would love it. With the dates its too aniversaryish to me.