Carmax Throwing Darts HA HA

KennyFKINPowerz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always told if you bring it back a 3rd time they have to buy it back.

So if your thinking at all that route don't pick it up unless it's fixed!

I already threatened to give it back and they said that they would allow me to do that since my complaints started before their 5 day return guarantee was up. I really like the car and dont wanna take it back though. I mean if worse comes to worse then I will but we will see.

...I am just gonna say that I hope they dont try to resell these rentals. I feel sorry for whoever gets the two that I have had.

Can't imagine why you are having issues with a car from there with a comment like that... Probably how the person felt who was driving (beating the crap out of) the used car you purchased as a 'rental' while the one they bought was being worked on for some random issue.

With any used car - you pay your money and take your chances. CarMax seems to be bending over backwards to make this right for you. It took you driving it for a 'while' to notice this slight issue? Of course they are stabbing in the dark to figure out a slight vibration at a small speed range. I'm sure they want it fixed as soon as possible so they can be done dealing with you too.

Yeah, Carmax is working one over on one of my buddies Charger here at work.

- Took it in for a Power Steering leak, They fix.

- 2 days later he takes back, they say; "The tray under the PS they just replaced, still had fluid in it" They "Emptied" it out, fixed. (I really LOL'd over this one)

- Next day, he brings back again. This time, they "really" change out the PS pump.

- Bring it back again in a week. They replace a PS line

-2 weeks later, back again. Replaced the PS rack.

I think its fixed now, Ill have to ask him :)

You could check the TSB's for your car, there is alot of problems with the sway bar end links (manufacturer for volkswagen quit making them, new manufacturer makes them from aluminum which are much much nicer than the old iron ones) and the cradle mounting points causing poping and vibration, and on that suspension everything is retained by the cradle which is supported by one time use bolts required to be replaced(I doubt alot of volkswagen techs even paid attention to that note in the service manual). Be thankful that you did get a loaner car most used car dealerships will only direct you to the bus stop and when you get your car back atleast it will be right, Id rather drive a rental and give somebody plenty of time to fix it correct than bitch and get it half-assed quicker...

I am surprised they didn't tell you that they cannot fix that issue as it is over the speed limit and they would have to break the law to experience it... that is what they told me after they did a wheel balance soo sloppy my 2 year old could have matched it. They also told me it was all ready to go after having the car 10 hours and I come to find they didn't fix a single thing but order the front license plate bracket- I fixed some of the issues myself and then took it to the dealer for the rest.Vibration turned out being a faulty torque converter which ended up causing a transmission leak because of a shoddy reinstallation of the transmission which craig (sinisterss) on here fixed for me at his dealership.

Can't imagine why you are having issues with a car from there with a comment like that... Probably how the person felt who was driving (beating the crap out of) the used car you purchased as a 'rental' while the one they bought was being worked on for some random issue.

With any used car - you pay your money and take your chances. CarMax seems to be bending over backwards to make this right for you. It took you driving it for a 'while' to notice this slight issue? Of course they are stabbing in the dark to figure out a slight vibration at a small speed range. I'm sure they want it fixed as soon as possible so they can be done dealing with you too.

Are you a tard? You obviously have no idea how the auto industry works and my car was never a rental douche bag.

They are bending over backwards by honoring their own guarantee. OK???????????

I noticed the problem the first full day I had it which falls in line with their 5 day return policy, which is why I still have the option to return it if I want. You obviously are not just auto stupid. It appears that you FAIL at reading as well.

You could check the TSB's for your car, there is alot of problems with the sway bar end links (manufacturer for volkswagen quit making them, new manufacturer makes them from aluminum which are much much nicer than the old iron ones) and the cradle mounting points causing poping and vibration, and on that suspension everything is retained by the cradle which is supported by one time use bolts required to be replaced(I doubt alot of volkswagen techs even paid attention to that note in the service manual). Be thankful that you did get a loaner car most used car dealerships will only direct you to the bus stop and when you get your car back atleast it will be right, Id rather drive a rental and give somebody plenty of time to fix it correct than bitch and get it half-assed quicker...

A loaner is part of the deal bub so I am not getting any special treatment. And they got tired of hanging parts and had to call VW for the cradle bolt info.

I am surprised they didn't tell you that they cannot fix that issue as it is over the speed limit and they would have to break the law to experience it... that is what they told me after they did a wheel balance soo sloppy my 2 year old could have matched it. They also told me it was all ready to go after having the car 10 hours and I come to find they didn't fix a single thing but order the front license plate bracket- I fixed some of the issues myself and then took it to the dealer for the rest.Vibration turned out being a faulty torque converter which ended up causing a transmission leak because of a shoddy reinstallation of the transmission which craig (sinisterss) on here fixed for me at his dealership.

Oh, they did try that speed limit thing and I said ok lets go for a ride and I drove :).

Lol... Clueless.. :dumb:

Are you a tard? You obviously have no idea how the auto industry works and my car was never a rental douche bag.

They are bending over backwards by honoring their own guarantee. OK???????????

I noticed the problem the first full day I had it which falls in line with their 5 day return policy, which is why I still have the option to return it if I want. You obviously are not just auto stupid. It appears that you FAIL at reading as well.

Wow... What are you - 12? I'm sure you are right - I'm a douche bag tard who is clueless about the auto industry. I must be auto stupid and can't read.

I read your post. You are treating the car they let you use like crap. Yea - Dealerships don't use 'used' cars as rentals and THEN sell them on the lot. What was I thinking...? I'm sure they have dedicated rentals that they crush once they are used up. You said you drove it for a 'while' - So a while to you is one day? That would be right away - not a while. I'd bet a good bit of money that they wish you would just give it back and go somewhere else to get a car. Some customers are not worth the PITA factor.

I'm sure your friends like you and you are a nice person 'in person', but your e-thug puts you in a category of folks I'd never deal with or help out. Please note my user ID and don't ever purchase anything from me. That will be best for both of us. (downingracing - Matt Downing)

Good luck with the situation.

edit: Adding you to my ignore list - please do the same for my ID. Thanks.

Edited by downingracing

Props to CarMax?

They seem to actually try and take care of you. We are a bunch of gar guys and most of us would probably be taking cars back to them lol.

Carmax has a 30 day bumper to bumper guarantee when you buy a car. They took the car in and started hanging parts and then realized they were in over their head. They really dont have much of a choice to fix it.

Wow... What are you - 12? I'm sure you are right - I'm a douche bag tard who is clueless about the auto industry. I must be auto stupid and can't read.

I read your post. You are treating the car they let you use like crap. Yea - Dealerships don't use 'used' cars as rentals and THEN sell them on the lot. What was I thinking...? I'm sure they have dedicated rentals that they crush once they are used up. You said you drove it for a 'while' - So a while to you is one day? That would be right away - not a while. I'd bet a good bit of money that they wish you would just give it back and go somewhere else to get a car. Some customers are not worth the PITA factor.

I'm sure your friends like you and you are a nice person 'in person', but your e-thug puts you in a category of folks I'd never deal with or help out. Please note my user ID and don't ever purchase anything from me. That will be best for both of us. (downingracing - Matt Downing)

Good luck with the situation.

edit: Adding you to my ignore list - please do the same for my ID. Thanks.

E-Thug? I am a nice guy and your an idiot. Dont come in to someone elses thread slinging mud if you dont want it slung back. Just do us both a favor and stay the fuck out of my thread unless you have something outside of stupidity to add. I dont think I need any help from you for anything based off of your tard posts so you can keep that offer to yourself. You are obviously some some other level that nobody understands because you cant seem to comprehend anything that was written in this thread. Just do everyone a favor and excuse yourself from this thread before you embarrass yourself more. And why would I ever think that a dealership would have a stable of rental cars that they user for a period of time and then sell them to a wholesaler or at auction???? HMMMMMM. You obviously don't know as much as you think you do.

Well I got the car back today and its getting dropped back off on Monday. I finally was able to speak with the store mgr and he promised me that he will take control of this situation and get it taken care of on Monday. HA HA. The steering wheel is at about 2 oclock when your going straight down the road. The supposedly did an alignment on it today after they put the car back together. Steering wheel still shakes also. Fuck Tards. If they dont get it right this time then its definitly getting returned and Ill just go car shopping somewhere else.

Parts and work so far:

left side axle

alignment

tires balanced

Stabilizer links

Stabilizer bar

Strut Bearing

Strut mounts

Swaybar links

Rear cradle bolts

Front cradle bolts

And they are not hanging parts? The problem is still there and now they made it even worse by doing a shitty job on an alignment.

I understand trying to track down problems can sometimes be difficult but I have worked at several dealerships and shit like this is a sign of a poor tech. I am looking at the RO and the same tech has done all of the work every time.

I dont claim to be a great tech because I am absolutely not but thats why I do my shit on the ground in my garage and with hand tools. This is not what I do for a living. This makes me think of that repair thread last week and why most people prefer to do their own stuff. Carmax has to have cut in to thier profit significantly and from a business standpoint I would be pissed if this were my business.

Edited by KennyFKINPowerz

Wow, lol.. That sucks.. It sounds to me like whoever is working on it, needs to be fired.

Im hoping with the steering wheel off like that you didnt take it home? I would have said you know what.. Give me my money back..

My dealership I had issues with my jeep I took it back once. I got 4 new tires, alignment, one new key, and a front hub and wheel bearing.

They werent happy, but it was a CERTIFIED used car, 2011. I certify Toyotas at my dealership, so I know what goes into used car inspections and certifieds.

I hope you get it fixed.. But I would have given up on them by now.. I wouldnt trust buying anything from them..

Wow, lol.. That sucks.. It sounds to me like whoever is working on it, needs to be fired.

Im hoping with the steering wheel off like that you didnt take it home? I would have said you know what.. Give me my money back..

My dealership I had issues with my jeep I took it back once. I got 4 new tires, alignment, one new key, and a front hub and wheel bearing.

They werent happy, but it was a CERTIFIED used car, 2011. I certify Toyotas at my dealership, so I know what goes into used car inspections and certifieds.

I hope you get it fixed.. But I would have given up on them by now.. I wouldnt trust buying anything from them..

I had to be at work like 15 min after I picked it up and I dont get off until 12. I didnt really notice it until I got on 270 and then I was right back off at Tuttle. I was on the phone with the manager by the time I pulled in to the parking lot at work.

And yes I have learned my lesson with Carmax. They sold my trade in already so if I return it then I will not have a DD until I find something else.

Wow that blows. Maybe find a car at a carmax in another state and have them transfer it? So you can keep the loan and just swap cars? IDK, thats a shitty situation..

They should pay you for your time taking it back

Thats my thought. I am pretty sure they make you pay a transfer fee if you get something from out of state. Plus I dont know how I feel about agreeing to buy something that I have not had the chance to see in person and drive. I'm not sure how that all works though. I will ask, maybe they will eat the cost of the transfer due to what I have been through already.

Maybe? I would MAKE them eat the cost of transfer.. I would say give me this car from this state. Or give me a full refund of my trade in / pay off my loan and im going somewhere else.

At this point I dont understand why they wouldnt have a more senior tech or a more senior tech from another Carmax look at it. Hell even take it over to MAG. They are losing money everytime I bring it back in. From a business standpoint it just does not make sense. Its a good thing they dont pay their techs flat rate.