CPD Blows up a geocache

Rally Pat

Yeah because MOST terrorists leave bombs in the middle of the woods. That's where the population is.

Maybe the terrorist wasn't targeting human victims ...... other animals live in woods ......

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/billmurrayascarlspacklerincaddyshack.png

The bomb squad and fire fighters detonated the ammo can and found a book, toy robot, online game and a geo-caching item, Frazer said.

I believe once they get to the inn they can sell that stuff for more hit points or better weapons. Then they can save their game and they're set. I mean, who needs a toy robot?

I have to laugh at the people who are quick to judge the police and Bomb Squad in situations like this.

You have no idea what these agencies have to deal with on a daily basis and the calls we recieve and have to determine what is valid or not.

Think you can do it better go take the test and put your ass on the line.

The Ammo box was in a wooded location secured closed with multiple wires comming out of the box....FYI

And it's CFD that blows shit up not CPD

Think you can do it better go take the test and put your ass on the line.

The Ammo box was in a wooded location secured closed with multiple wires comming out of the box....FYI

I would have stopped at "Ammo box in the woods", and used deductive reasoning to go right to Geocaching.com and look up the caches in that area. Boom, problem solved, no tax dollars get wasted, and no one's cache gets destroyed.

I would have stopped at "Ammo box in the woods", and used deductive reasoning to go right to Geocaching.com and look up the caches in that area. Boom, problem solved, no tax dollars get wasted, and no one's cache gets destroyed.

I have no idea what this geocaching gay thing is but when someone calls in a "device" in the woods with wires comming out of it, they're not gonna screw around with a stupid ass game.

It's not like people can't disguise device's to look like something else. It's amazing the lengths people go to inflict damage or induce panic. Bottom line is you can't be too careful these days.

Would you rather it be disposed of by professionals or have your kid stumble upon it and open it taking the chance thats it's not a device?

Again recruitment is located at 3675 Parsons ave..........

So to cause a media-spaz and inconvenience a bunch of people, I just have to get a box with wires coming out of it, put it somewhere high-traffic, and call it in? Don't tell teenagers this, the whole city will be shut down!

So to cause a media-spaz and inconvenience a bunch of people, I just have to get a box with wires coming out of it, put it somewhere high-traffic, and call it in? Don't tell teenagers this, the whole city will be shut down!

Yep...........and it dosen't take much to get the media into a frenzy.....just watch the weather report..lol

I have no idea what this geocaching gay thing is but when someone calls in a "device" in the woods with wires comming out of it, they're not gonna screw around with a stupid ass game.

It's not like people can't disguise device's to look like something else. It's amazing the lengths people go to inflict damage or induce panic. Bottom line is you can't be too careful these days.

Would you rather it be disposed of by professionals or have your kid stumble upon it and open it taking the chance thats it's not a device?

Again recruitment is located at 3675 Parsons ave..........

Again, checking Geocaching.com would have answered all of this. If there was a "device", it would have killed the X amount of people who have found it so far already. No one is going to put a bomb in the woods, thats retarded.

If the cops still don't know what Geocaching is, then they have a serious education problem, considering that millions of people and families play this all around the world, and its been going on for almost 12 years now if I remember correctly. Go to the site, punch in your location. I bet there are a few within a few miles of where you're at right now. I'm not bashing, just trying to keep tax dollars from being wasted.

Again, checking Geocaching.com would have answered all of this. If there was a "device", it would have killed the X amount of people who have found it so far already. No one is going to put a bomb in the woods, thats retarded.

If the cops still don't know what Geocaching is, then they have a serious education problem, considering that millions of people and families play this all around the world, and its been going on for almost 12 years now if I remember correctly. Go to the site, punch in your location. I bet there are a few within a few miles of where you're at right now. I'm not bashing, just trying to keep tax dollars from being wasted.

I understand what your saying, but do you also realize people who intend to inflict harm on others or property also use common everyday methods such as games, or other means that is meant to look like something that it's not?

Maybe no one had stumbled upon the box prior to the people who notified police, it is in a remote area.

And to anwser your question...YES PEOPLE DO PUT BOMBS IN THE WOODS! To test them, to play around, to inflict damage on wildlife, trees, stumps etc etc etc. So don't be nieve.

I'm sure CPD is aware of this game.....I'm not...so does the rules of this game state "make this item look like a bomb"? Does the game rules state to have wires protruding from a ammo box? Also wires or detonators are not always visible.

I've seen this first hand!!! I've seen it in a vacant house off Galloway rd a few yrs back that was intended to harm a realestate agent.

I'm sure glad the military dosen't assume every IED they encounter is a Geocache thingy, after all it's a game played worldwide.......isn't it.

All I'm saying is you can't judge a book by it's cover.

X2. I have found maybe 25 ammo boxes in the woods. I bet their all bombs. I should call the police. :dumb:

I still say the whole situation could have been avoided.

X2. I have found maybe 25 ammo boxes in the woods. I bet their all bombs. I should call the police. :dumb:

I still say the whole situation could have been avoided.

What woods? Are they .30 or .50 or other ammo cans? If I found that shit sitting around I'd jack it for sure. Those bastards are expensive. Please provide details so I may harvest them.

To play the devil's advocate, I've only recently heard of this geocaching nonsense that people apparently do when they have no life, and I think I'm fairly well versed in today's culture and activities. Even still, if I were CFD or CPD, I highly doubt my first instinct would be to hop on geocaching.com to see what it's about. Not everyone is a nerd.