Byers Imports should be better

Diesel Pilot

I've called 15 times today between the hours of 12:30 and 3:25 and no one answers the phone. I've tried multiple numbers and all lead to the same thing "Thank you for calling Byers, someone will be with you momentarily" Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring................ I've let it ring each call about 15-20 times.

Are they observing Hanukkah?

This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. If it wasn't for being the only VW dealer on the Eastside, I'd been gone long ago. I would be completely through the roof if I had spent A8 or Panamera money with this place and they didn't answer their phones.

I know I can schedule an appointment online, but that's BS. I want to talk to someone. One of the items I need fixed is an Ipod adapter that mysteriously quit working after the cars last visit. I'm assuming it's an easy fix with the computer. I could do it myself if I had VAGCOM, but they did it so they should fix it. The other is a recall item involving the fuel injection.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with Byers? Is it time to make the long drive to Hatfield, or even longer drive to MAG? The car is out of warranty pretty soon and will likely never be in another dealer again after that expires.

Byers is the worst vw service by far. I will never go back.

Their vw service is separate from the others. Different building, different employees, different phone numbers. You can bet, and expect much better service from the premium brands, but that's it. There vw service is laughable.

I suggest driving the extra miles and going to mag or hatfield.

The first and only rime I used byers vw for service yielded your same results, and a total of 3the visits to fix the shit the messed up fixing it in the first place. Filed a complaint with vwoa not that it does anything.

Mag and hatfield have been great for me.

And why would that be, Shawn?

I'm guessing you work there now?

My beef started well before your time there Joe. I have no issue with you personally.

You can only have so many things happen, and have a service manager tell you " wait until xx gets louder or worse" before they will even do anything. Tried MAG once and have never been back. Hell, I've heard things have "gotten better".

I'm not sure if Marty Trusty still works there or not, but he said things were better than they used to be. (Ex Mag Service Manager).

I'm guessing you work there now?

My beef started well before your time there Joe. I have no issue with you personally.

You can only have so many things happen, and have a service manager tell you " wait until xx gets louder or worse" before they will even do anything. Tried MAG once and have never been back. Hell, I've heard things have "gotten better".

I'm not sure if Marty Trusty still works there or not, but he said things were better than they used to be. (Ex Mag Service Manager).

Well, considering my ridiculous visit there was less than 6 months ago, I wouldn't count on it...

Horrible service, and I was dealing with the service general manager.

Yea, Marty still works there. He is Audi only. He's a terrific guy, too. I like him :)

I do work at Byers, now. In VW, to be specific. I am a technician there, been there almost a year and a half now.

Aaron, do you remember the name of the person you dealt with? I can assure you that all of the staff at Byers strives to do as best as they can. What are the specifics of your bad experience? I will do my best to find out what happened and to make sure it does not happen again. We have had some staffing changes in the last few months, and things have improved.

Craig - my cell number is 6145073856. Feel free to call me anytime after 8am tomorrow and I will personally make sure you receive a prompt return phone call.

As for the phone issue, it's something they are working on. There are only three service consultants in Volkswagen service, and we normally have 50+ appointments a day, plus phone calls to schedule and to get information, so as you can imagine things get hectic! I appoligize for your experience. Feel free to call Steve Morris at 6145525464. He is our service liaison and works in the shop with us. If he does not answer, leave him a voice mail or email him at smorris@byersauto.com and I promise he will get back to you promptly.

Yea, Marty still works there. He is Audi only. He's a terrific guy, too. I like him :)

I do work at Byers, now. In VW, to be specific. I am a technician there, been there almost a year and a half now.

Aaron, do you remember the name of the person you dealt with? I can assure you that all of the staff at Byers strives to do as best as they can. What are the specifics of your bad experience? I will do my best to find out what happened and to make sure it does not happen again. We have had some staffing changes in the last few months, and things have improved.

Craig - my cell number is 6145073856. Feel free to call me anytime after 8am tomorrow and I will personally make sure you receive a prompt return phone call.

As for the phone issue, it's something they are working on. There are only three service consultants in Volkswagen service, and we normally have 50+ appointments a day, plus phone calls to schedule and to get information, so as you can imagine things get hectic! I appoligize for your experience. Feel free to call Steve Morris at 6145525464. He is our service liaison and works in the shop with us. If he does not answer, leave him a voice mail or email him at smorris@byersauto.com and I promise he will get back to you promptly.

Marty is a good people!

:megusta:

Dropped my car off for a small oil leak around the valve cover gasket one evening. Next day when the appt was for the AM. Received no call about the appt. I waited until close to closing and called, no answer. Called again, no answer, etc. Finally got a hold of someone. turns out to be a cam seal of some sort, requires half the top end to be torn apart. Have to order part, etc. They say they can have it done the next day. I leave it there for them to fix.

The next day, no call. Again, I call towards the end of the day, about 4pm. its not ready. Ok, fine. next day, no call, same ordeal. I finally get a hold of someone, and its ready, great. Get to the dealer, pop the hood, poke around, moving intake parts, and 2 pieces come off in my hand...the back piece is also loose. I am pissed, but remain calm and express my anger and frustration. The manager guy assures me it will be taken care of. The next day, again no calls, finally get ahold of someone, go back in and same shit, messed up install.

I say look. I am not asking for anything unreasonable, I said, I am not returning until the car is 100% perfect. I told him I wanted him to personally inspect the car and assure it was completed correctly before I was notified.

Finally get my car back, and everything is fine.

on the 3rd day after the repair, I am full throttle in second gear on polaris with my wife...POP, wooooosh, no power. Awesome.

I called MAG and got the car in. Told them it was just in to Byers for an oil leak, and explained what happened. They said one of the pipes was not installed properly. I told them I would be using MAG from then on, they didn't charge me anything (not that they could have) but they wanted my business, and were willing to do anything to have it. I will continue to use MAG for service if it needs it. MAG said it would be dealing with VW and Byers for their reimbursement directly. Awesome service.

I have never used Byers before (used with my Audi, but only had to take it in once) and it was a week long ordeal. Never again, even if things changed. I was told the shop foreman was the one working on my car, lol, some 25 years experience, etc.... laughable.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Rest assured none of us mean to make a mistake or overlook anything such as in your situation. We see charge pipes blow off a lot. As a consumer I can certainly understand your frustration. I can't give you an answer as to why you did not receive any updates on your vehicles. It's typically policy to at least let someone know the status of their car at least once a day.

I am glad your issue was resolved, but it's frustrating that it was not resolved at my dealership. We have a good standing relationship with both MAG and Hatfield. I can tell you from experience everyone makes a mistake, as we are only human. I know that people expect perfection when they are having something done for them.

I have had bad experiences as well, and a few of them have been in matters I would consider common issues. It's not my favorite thing to do to have to call a company and say something was not done properly. I personally always give the place that did the original work the chance to correct the errors that had occurred. That's just how I was raised.

If you ever should need assistance with your vehicle and would like to give Byers the chance to prove to you that your particular situation is very very uncommon, give me a call and should you like, I will handle it myself.

I completely understand mistakes happen and was willing to give Byers a second chance. I did, I have them 2 second chances. They failed both. If it was just the fact that getting a hold of Byers was very hard, no big deal. If it was just that they never called me to give me any updates and that I had to call them to check on my car. If it was just that their repair wasn't perfect the first time. But it wasn't, it was all 3, and the last one, 3 total times. The whole ordeal was unbelievable, and more than just "mistakes happen."

I gave MAG my business, and they satisfied. As a consumer, we vote with our wallets, or in this case, with my warranty, which comes from VWoA's wallet.

I do greatly appreciate you reaching out to try to save customers. It shows a lot about you. Unfortunately I didn't deal with you previously, as I am sure my situation would have been handled much better.

My dad still uses Byers, for what it's worth.

Thank You Joe for the info.

I did have a voice message from Eric Friend (service manager) once I got home. I guess my call to VWoA about no one answering phones got back pretty quickly.

I'll try calling again in the morning, if I don't get through, I'll try you or the other number.

I appreciate your help. Thanks Again.

Efff Byers in general. The wife and I have purchase our last 4 DD's from them and I was going to buy that G6 GTP from them at the Delaware Toyota location. Did all teh financing over the phone and everything. So the guy says come on up and we will have everything ready for you. I said are you sure because I am driving from Blacklick and dont want to come up until everything is all set. So I get there an hour later and they are finishing up the paperwork with someone else on the car that I was in the process of already buying. The Sales Mgr, pretty much tells me oh well. The GM calls me the next day telling me how sorry he is and is there anything he can do to get me to come back and buy another car. I said nope, that was the only car that they had that I wanted and that the sales mgr and salesman were so rude that I will never be back to Byers and that I took my business elsewhere.

I do what I can, but as a technician I dont really have much interaction with customers. All I can say is that every dealership sees mistakes made by other dealerships. It's the customers choice where they take their business.

As I stated before, if anyone needs any help reaching someone at Byers Imports, or VW help in general, let me know and I'll do my best to provide what I can.

sorry for the phone issues, we have had our phone systems doen all day. we have had alot of build repairs and up keep going on lately. if you hace anny issues call oe or i, we both are techs here.

thank you rick 614-989-4814.

Yup go somewhere else.

They will never get any business from me or anyone I can persuade either.

I was ready to drop 20-30K on a car and they wouldn't let me drive a stupid used GTI they had since I only currently had liability coverage on the Mustang I had at the time. I don't car if that is 'by the books' or not... Not going to sell any cars that way!

Yup go somewhere else.

They will never get any business from me or anyone I can persuade either.

I was ready to drop 20-30K on a car and they wouldn't let me drive a stupid used GTI they had since I only currently had liability coverage on the Mustang I had at the time. I don't car if that is 'by the books' or not... Not going to sell any cars that way!

Doesnt the dealerships Ins usually cover test drives? I have never been asked for ins info for a test drive, just my license.