FS: Box Head Engagement Ring

Sully

I have for sale this Box Head Engagement Ring that was my great-grandmother's. She passed away 5 years ago and I've been holding onto it ever since. I have finally decided it's time to let go of things from the past and move on. I just took this ring to a jeweler today and he gave me all of the following info about this ring. He also cleaned it while I had it in there. He said that retail value for this ring would be approximately $800. Sorry for the poor quality pictures; they are from my cell phone. This ring definitely looks much better in person. Since it is used, which you can barely tell that it was even worn, I am asking $600 obo. Cash only. No trades. Will meet in a public place to complete transaction.

Size 7

14K Gold

.15ct SI2 Clarity Center Diamond

2 x .005ct Single Cut Diamonds. One on each side of the center diamond.

1.10 dwt (Pennyweight)

Added better pics:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/OsuSully/For%20Sale/Ring013.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/OsuSully/For%20Sale/Ring007.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii316/OsuSully/For%20Sale/Ring011.jpg

Edited by Sully

I don't want to thread jack...but this sounds like something that may have some sentimental value and is worth holding onto? It's not like it takes up a ton of space and maybe your kids would want this?

Just my .02.

-Marc

I don't want to thread jack...but this sounds like something that may have some sentimental value and is worth holding onto? It's not like it takes up a ton of space and maybe your kids would want this?

Just my .02.

-Marc

+1

Sully, I kinda agree with Marc on this one. Not sure if $600 would be worth letting that go (if it were me). Just my opinion of course.

I appreciate the thoughts guys, but I've held onto it for 5 years since her passing. I held onto a LOT of stuff. I've been letting things go little by little this year. I don't have nor will have kids. I'm getting snipped in March. I would rather this by purchased by someone or for someone that will wear it.

I have to empathize with Sully. All of my grandmother and mother's things were left to me, and the decision to hold onto/get rid of them is heartwrenching. If he has decided he has to let it go, then thats what he needs to do. The best piece of advice I got regarding this stuff was (coincidentally) from "El Karacho" on here, who said "Your mother/grandmother wouldn't for one second be upset to let that go if they knew that holding onto it was causing pain for you".

FWIW, my wife would LOVE that ring, and if you would be interested in any kind of jewelry trade, let me know. Actually, send me a pm even if you aren't interested.

Happens... I've got family (2nd Cousin) that the family tree ended with his passing. Him and his brother were the only children from both sides of the tree. Neither one was married - no kids - so everything was left to the 'extended' family.

I know how you feel. You try to hold onto things that were 'family' items, but at some point you just start letting go of them.

I wish I had a need/use for that ring - cool piece! GL with the sale!

Dont you have any brothers or sisters who have kids? A family peice like that seems a terrible shame to sell.. Good luck with your sale if you do still continue to sell it. :(

Long story short, no. She was my great-grandfather's second wife. She didn't have any kids. Her and my great-grandfather adopted me.

I do have a couple cousins that I could give it to. However, they would just end up selling it, so I might as well do it myself, since I'm the one that took care of her, not them.

To me knickknacks are one thing, wedding rings, jewelry are another.

I mean you no disrespect, seriously, I just know to me, the o ly thing of my grandparents to me that would be importAnd would be the wedding/ engagement rings. I weAr my great grandmothers wedding ring, and will till either my sister or I have kids.

It's neither here nor there. I have a contact who deals in old antique jewelry like this, if you want thier info, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...