Car Books, Needing a good home

Nate1647545505

Howdy folks,

I hate to say it's true but I'm not doing much in the automotive world these days. I've aquired a small collection of books over the years on turbocharging, supercharging, engines, etc. If you are interested in these things, please let me know as I would love to pass the knoweldge to someone on the forum. If you are an engineering student I have some decent reads found in most ME programs. Here's a listing of what I have:

Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Banish

Fuel Injection Systems - Banish

Street Rotary - Warner

Real World High Performance Turbo Systems - Miller

Four Stroke Performance Tuning - Bell

Engine Testing - Plint

ICE Fundelementals - Heywood

Turbocharging Performance Handbook - Hartman

Charing the Internal Combustion Engine - Hiereth & Prenninger (PDF printed into a binder)

Mitsubishi 4G63t Engines - Bowen

4 (four) binders of SAE Papers of studies on various elements of powertrain. Mainly engine calibration.

A few spiral bound ME400-500 level booklets on engines

Hopefully there's a curious mind out there. I'm off orders and visit Columbus every month or so. We'll work out getting them to you.

Thanks,

Nate

I would be interested.....let me Google some of these, and I will get back to you.....Thanks!

EDIT:

Interested --> Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Banish

Let me know how I can get them.......

Edited by bmwohio

Howdy folks,

I hate to say it's true but I'm not doing much in the automotive world these days. I've aquired a small collection of books over the years on turbocharging, supercharging, engines, etc. If you are interested in these things, please let me know as I would love to pass the knoweldge to someone on the forum. If you are an engineering student I have some decent reads found in most ME programs. Here's a listing of what I have:

Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Banish

Street Rotary - Warner

Engine Testing - Plint

ICE Fundelementals - Heywood

Charing the Internal Combustion Engine - Hiereth & Prenninger (PDF printed into a binder)

Mitsubishi 4G63t Engines - Bowen

4 (four) binders of SAE Papers of studies on various elements of powertrain. Mainly engine calibration.

A few spiral bound ME400-500 level booklets on engines

Hopefully there's a curious mind out there. I'm off orders and visit Columbus every month or so. We'll work out getting them to you.

Thanks,

Nate

I would be interested in the SAE/ME stuff if reasonable- I am not a ME but always think I should have been... please pm me... I also like the sound of ICE fundamentals if it is ME level..

EDIT: first response was greedy and it being Christmas and all ;-)

I would be interested in the SAE/ME stuff if reasonable- I am not a ME but always think I should have been... please pm me... I also like the sound of ICE fundamentals if it is ME level..

EDIT: first response was greedy and it being Christmas and all ;-)

Heywood's book is pretty much the "go-to" book for combustion and all things engine. It's up there, the man is a genius. He's pretty much the MIT pimp of engines.

Street Rotary - Warner

Thanks,

Nate

I'm interested in these. PM-ing now.

I think I've gone retarded, I can read all the PM's but can't respond! I get the login screen again, and again, and again.

BMW - Those have been reserved for you

HP - I've set aside ICE fundementals and Charing the Internal Combustion Engine. Both are engineering texts. The SAE papers are yours as well.

Crossle, sounds good.

I don't have a schedule yet but my guess is I'll be visiting come mid January. I'll get some shipping quotes as all these boxes are appearently APO only.

• 4 weeks later...