window switch 97 mountaineer

wnaplay1647545503

Vehicle is a 1997 mercury mountaineer. The window going up and down is giving me fits. The window stopped working on the passenger front. The passenger side switch lets it go down but wont bring it up. The drivers switch for the passenger side wont do anything for this one window but works the other 3. I have swapped out all switches and even the motor and still the same issue. Broken wire somewhere?

I've seen before, on a different car.....

If the window switch goes bad (passanger front)

The master switch will not be able to do anything to that window.

I'll try to look a wiring diagram up and see if you can jump the plug in to send the window back up.

I thought so as well and I assume the master switch is the switch that operates this window on the drivers side however I replaced the single switch on the passenger side and all 5 switches on the drivers door. Now I cant even get the passenger door switch to make it go down anymore.

I not only got power(at least for the most of my trys) but I replaced with a brand new motor and still the same thing. It would operate down but not up. I swapped everything out one at a time and still down not up. Then when I was about to give up I couldnt even get it to go down.

There are 2 wires coming off the motor y/r as stated if neither of these is ground, then wheres ground? I originally thought it had to be bolted up and grounded through the housing but it worked down unbolted and bolted but didnt go up either. Are you saying that 12v supplied to either one should make it go its respective direction? If so where in fact is grounding?

There are 2 wires coming off the motor y/r as stated if neither of these is ground, then wheres ground? I originally thought it had to be bolted up and grounded through the housing but it worked down unbolted and bolted but didnt go up either. Are you saying that 12v supplied to either one should make it go its respective direction? If so where in fact is grounding?

its a dc motor, positive on one side and negative on the other will make it go one way, switching polarity on the wires will make it go the other, try getting some junk yard switches, maybe that's the issue if it isn't reversing the contacts in the switch properly

its a dc motor, positive on one side and negative on the other will make it go one way, switching polarity on the wires will make it go the other
+ imaginary Rep (since I dont have Rep powers)...looks like you could use some.

try getting some junk yard switches, maybe that's the issue if it isn't reversing the contacts in the switch properly

I have swapped out all switches and even the motor and still the same issue. Broken wire somewhere?

The passenger side switch lets it go down but wont bring it up. The drivers switch for the passenger side wont do anything for this one window but works the other 3. I have swapped out all switches and even the motor and still the same issue. Broken wire somewhere?

Broken/pinched/corroded wire (or connector) somewhere, probably start from the drivers side. If Rocky could post the full diagram for the motors/switches I could probably get a better idea.