At a crossroads with my vehicles

KennyFKINPowerz

Ok so I have been putting a lot of thought in to my car situation and here is how I am viewing my options. What would you guys do? And try to put your hatred for LT1's out of teh equation if possible.

• Keep my 95 Z28 LT1 M6 car - Spend the 10 grand slowly over the next year and a half to 2 years to get the car where I envision it. Have fun all next year with it while I slowly build the car.
  • Sell the 95 Z28. I have an offer for $5,500 - Save another 7 or 8 grand over the course of 2012 and buy an LS1 Camaro with most of the stuff done to it that I wanted to do to the 95. This will leave me with nothing but the DD's through 2012 and maybe the beginning of 2013.
  • Sell the 95 and put 3k in the VW and get that extra 100 hp and have fun with that while saving 8 - 10 grand until I can afford an LS1 car. Prob the end of 2013 if I do this.

Do you plan to DD the camaro at all ?

If So keep it, and build it slowly if possible.

If it's just a track car, I would sell it and start off where you want with an LS1.

I'd keep the mods light on the VW DD like we discussed. :)

Oh, and LT1 LOL

This year I drove the Camaro whenever the weather was nice, so yeah its somewhat of a DD but I dont need it to be since I have the VW that is my real DD. Even id I go to an LS1 car, that will be driven on the street more than at the track, which are my plans for the LT1 anyways.

And good point on the VW. The mods on it are gonna be more like a grandish.

Ok so I have been putting a lot of thought in to my car situation and here is how I am viewing my options. What would you guys do? And try to put your hatred for LT1's out of teh equation if possible.

• Keep my 95 Z28 LT1 M6 car - Spend the 10 grand slowly over the next year and a half to 2 years to get the car where I envision it. Have fun all next year with it while I slowly build the car.
  • Sell the 95 Z28. I have an offer for $5,500 - Save another 7 or 8 grand over the course of 2012 and buy an LS1 Camaro with most of the stuff done to it that I wanted to do to the 95. This will leave me with nothing but the DD's through 2012 and maybe the beginning of 2013.
  • Sell the 95 and put 3k in the VW and get that extra 100 hp and have fun with that while saving 8 - 10 grand until I can afford an LS1 car. Prob the end of 2013 if I do this.

I don't know you so I'm not sure on the condition or miles on your car but I've seen LS1 F-Bodies go for that price. If you really want an LS1 car for the motor or body the I would sell it. It seems like a good price but again I don't know your car.

I don't care what you do afterwards, but I'd jump on that $5500 offer, especially this time of the year.

I like the C5 suggestion, there's quite a few 97-98 models on corvetteforum for under $10k. Better looks and handling than an F-body.

$5,500 seems like a very legit offer for a 17 year old F-body. Take it and save up for a C5?

My car has several mods and I think the offer is a decent offer also.

I would go with another option: sell 95 Z28, save alittle money, buy solid 4 cylinder mustang for 1500, drop in LS1.

That would never happen. I have no interest in anything with the Ford logo on it. No offense if your a Ford guy.

I don't know you so I'm not sure on the condition or miles on your car but I've seen LS1 F-Bodies go for that price. If you really want an LS1 car for the motor or body the I would sell it. It seems like a good price but again I don't know your car.

My car runs decent for what it is, 384 RWHP with cam, headers, some port work and a few other mods, nothing big. Here is the short list of what I wanna do with it, while keeping it on pumped gas and street driven

• Forged 383
  • AI Heads, intake and cam
  • N2O
  • McCleod twin disk clutch
  • Tick master and slave cylinders
  • Tick stage 2 kit in trans
  • Moser 9"
  • BMR k member and all the suspension
  • QA1's on all 4 corners.
  • 8 point cage

Not to mention all the stuff that needs to go with it to get each of these acomplished

I don't care what you do afterwards, but I'd jump on that $5500 offer, especially this time of the year.

I like the C5 suggestion, there's quite a few 97-98 models on corvetteforum for under $10k. Better looks and handling than an F-body.

I will be honest. I really like Corvettes, but I have no interest in owning one of them for what I wanna do.

Listen to me, I have been down this road.

SELL THE LT1 CAR FOR THAT PRICE.

My dad has been trying to move my old car for YEARS and nobody will come close to that offer. Get the LS1 car and go from there, you will spend less and have less problems down the road.

Just sell the thing, if the guy offering you $5500 hasn't changed his mind. Then go find a decent used LS1 car, and make the changes you want over the next few years.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I can't seem to find a decent LS1 car in that price range that isnt beat to death or getting ready to blow up.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I can't seem to find a decent LS1 car in that price range that isnt beat to death or getting ready to blow up.

I would think you could find nice ones in the $9-10k range, the sacrifice of not having a fun car until you can save the extra $4-5k would be worth it. Sorry I didn't mean you'd get a LS1 for $5500.

I keep my LT1 because I have already invested in it. Besides, I like to be a little different. Seems like every swinging dick these days has an LS1. And for good reason, it's a better power plant than an LT1, but nobody ever accused me of being smart.

$5500 sounds like a decent offer depending on what you mods are, but regardless I doubt you'll get more. So, just to muddy the waters a bit I'll toss out another option. If the chassis is in good condition, keep the car, build an LS1 to swap in. Continue to drive and enjoy the car while building the power train you want. When the time is right do the swap.

You're better off with an LS motor, but I'll keep tilting at windmills.

You got your Passat back already?

Yeah twice ha ha. I just picked it up again today and its still vibrating between 70-80mph.

They told me to drop it back off on Tuesday AND THEY ARE FINALLY TAKING IT TO MAG and admiting defeat. They would have saved themselves so much time and money if they would have taken it there after the 2nd time I dropped it off.

LT1 LOL

srs though. Sell that car asap since you have a buyer and start off with a LS1 and dont look back.

Dont get me wrong. I love the car and I dont mind the LT1 so much. However for the same amount of money that I am going to put in to this car in addition to what I already have in it, I can be on a much better platform for the same price.

$5,500 seems like a very legit offer for a 17 year old F-body. Take it and save up for a C5?

Take the money and run like you robbed the guy.

Just sell the thing, if the guy offering you $5500 hasn't changed his mind. Then go find a decent used LS1 car, and make the changes you want over the next few years.

Listen to me, I have been down this road.

SELL THE LT1 CAR FOR THAT PRICE.

My dad has been trying to move my old car for YEARS and nobody will come close to that offer. Get the LS1 car and go from there, you will spend less and have less problems down the road.

Sell that sumbitch ASAP!

I keep my LT1 because I have already invested in it. Besides, I like to be a little different. Seems like every swinging dick these days has an LS1. And for good reason, it's a better power plant than an LT1, but nobody ever accused me of being smart.

$5500 sounds like a decent offer depending on what you mods are, but regardless I doubt you'll get more. So, just to muddy the waters a bit I'll toss out another option. If the chassis is in good condition, keep the car, build an LS1 to swap in. Continue to drive and enjoy the car while building the power train you want. When the time is right do the swap.

You're better off with an LS motor, but I'll keep tilting at windmills.

I'm a swinging dick and sold my LS2 powered sled. :lolguy:

keep the LT1 and do what you want with it... just my opinion... there's a lot of haters of the LT1 cars, but most of these haters can't run with a well built LT1...

I've heard stuff like this before, every car or even its powerplant has its fanboys. Not saying LT1s are horrible, but dump the same amount of money at either an LT1 or an LS1 and which car is faster?