Called in to work REALLY

KennyFKINPowerz

Moral of story is.... avoid low end help desk job so you can avoid present opening interruptions :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

No low end Helpdesk Job here. I have been doing this stuff for 13 years bro. I actually took time off from IT to go to the Police Academy years ago. After I got out of the academy and seen what cops really get paid I laughed and chalked up that 6 months of my life to experience and went back to IT :) :)

We have a laptop and BB that we rotate for the on call. Our company policy does not allow any non company owned equipment to touch our network.

His ipad and iphone are company equipment, not that it matters. Starkmaster is always carring around a bag of shit for work.

We have a laptop and BB that we rotate for the on call. Our company policy does not allow any non company owned equipment to touch our network.

Yeah we can only VPN in with company owned equipment but can send and receive email no devices that are not owned by the company.

His ipad and iphone are company equipment, not that it matters. Starkmaster is always carring around a bag of shit for work.

I usually don't carry that much around. Mainly the iPhone since I can remote into all the PC needed.

I travel with a minimum of 3 ways to get to the Internet at all times and I don't do support work. If someone calls me, any time of the day or day of the week, I am available. Its understood by me and my family that the roof stays overhead because I work odd hours. My company also gives me the luxury of being enabled to support my customers any way I can. This means that I can connect with anything and get my customers up and running.

we have to go through a labyrinth of PKI, VPN, and dedicated virtual machine consoles to fix stuff. generally takes longer to get up and running than fix the actual problem.

Same here and its retarded. I work for a drug company and in the healthcare industry, we have all kinds or regulations and HIPPA laws that we have to follow to ensure our customer data is protected.