Bench racing.....

V8 Beast

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in the 10 sec catagory is going 9s? 11s to 10s.... 8s to 7s??? How many trolls will make it to the track? How many gay roll racers will have cars worth mentioning and stop making excuses? Inquiring admins want to know...

I will never tell.... :masturboy:

i was thinking about this the other day:

what are the absolute essentials when building a killer roll car, versus an all out 1/4 mi car?

Power, lots of power, and the ability to shift properly, be it an auto or a good driver mod (someone other then Phil)

not sure what I will run, if I can finish building my motor and get it in my car I might run it this year, I am a noob to the 1/4 though so it should be fun to learn, ill prolly try to make it out at least once though even if I don't get the car finished

You won't get it finished. I'd put money on it.

haha, we will see if you can even have your car back on the road by springtime, gonna take that truck up to trails??? :dumb:

I could have had it done by now if you didn't have my jack stands. Changing a clutch fork is a weekend project at best. I could have it fixed in 5 mins with an extended slave rod, but that's a bandaid fix and I'd rather not go that route.

im surprised you didnt mention weight.

Light weight will deff help, but you can usually fit bigger engines, turbos, ect in a bigger car. This is why a vette is such a great roll car, it can make much less power then an f-body and drag it around.

I'm hoping to be in at least the low 11's trapping around 130 or so. I'll need some practice launching on stock suspension :fuuuu:

i want a rematch this yr, eff traction control lol. you did get me on the 1 clean run for sure though

Power, lots of power, and the ability to shift properly, be it an auto or a good driver mod (someone other then Phil)

:lol: not even worried about it, won more than i lost and once i got the car dialed in driving was a breeze.

:lol: not even worried about it, won more than i lost and once i got the car dialed in driving was a breeze.

Maybe you should pick on the big boys, its easy to win when you're challenging the cars at Sawmill telling them you have a GTP. You're just a big meanie picking on kids so you can feel good about yourself.

actually weight does matter...think about a 150 pd rider on a 400 pd gsxr 1000 compared to a 240 pd rider on say a 550 pd gsxr1300....big difference.

From a roll of from a dig? From a dig weight obviously matters a lot. Aerodynamics + HP I'm still thinking plays a bigger part once you reach higher speeds.

Ex:

4000lb car+driver (500hp) vs 600lb bike+rider (150hp)

From a dig, bike takes off like a rocket leaving the car behind.

From a roll, much closer. Car will probably/maybe walk away from the bike.

Why? Because bikes have shit aerodynamics and less HP.

amirite?

also

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMDb-PkfYo71AfKjVk1XGgHYso9OHaIJeSPpF75VWijqHmh_nJ