Claim ?'s For People Who Work At Progressive or other insurance/body shops...

mustangman2011

Ok got my car inspected today by Progressive service center. They said the estimate was for much as the car was worth so its totalled. My only problem they took the price of 3 cars in the area to come up with the value. The first thing was they were not comparing all the same models. My car is the top of line model. Also, I dont think 3 cars is good cross section/average. Is there anything I can do about this? Can I challenge this etc?

Additionally they said my only options were take there buy out or salvage it. I asked if I got a lesser estimate could they just pay it out etc so would havent to deal with salvage title et.

the comparable cars should be comparable. Did you point out to them they were different models? Just ask your rep if they can re run the eval to find more than 3 comparables.

If progressive is your insurance company they can't take a lower est to make it repairable, too much liab. if its really close you can always ask your rep if you have opts to keep it from totaling. but its not likley.

also, you have the option to keep salvage but you have to put it into a salvage title.

Edited by 99ta

uh... you should go to several other shops to get estimates. They're free and could save/get you a ton more money. Insurance companies have to go with the shop of your choice, as long is its reputable.

They're trying to jerk you around, and it sounds like theyre being somewhat successful.

Havnt you heard the 3C commercials on the radio?

If you have the ability, sometimes they will let you do the repairs yourself and deduct the cost of labor, possibly keeping it from being "totaled"...Progressive offered me that option and I got that deal with the Ins company of some woman that hit me in my old truck, can't remember the company name though.

uh... you should go to several other shops to get estimates. They're free and could save/get you a ton more money. Insurance companies have to go with the shop of your choice, as long is its reputable.

They're trying to jerk you around, and it sounds like theyre being somewhat successful.

Havnt you heard the 3C commercials on the radio?

This is true but Said shop of your choice has to work off of Progressives estimate and if LKQ parts are available then Progressive makes you use them. When I worked at Vic's Body shop we dealt with Progressive all the time. Vic threw their estimators out of the shop on multiple occasions.