My opinion of some dealers

kzz21

I wanted to try something different, and in the end I purchased a R1. Heres MY OPINION on a few Ohio dealers:

I wanted to be ready for warm riding weather so I went to a Honda dealer in Heath and ordered an ABS bike. They gave me a bad price and a real bad trade in price. The salesman said 3 days, the manager said 2 weeks. Well over a month later I cancelled the order. Not real impressed with that place.

Now I needed a bike quick. I went to state 8, some big deal advertised sale. They say they match prices. BS,,,, I've tried this place several times before, but never purchased. After the manager came over and told me (4 TIMES) he did not want to sell me a bike at a good price (same $ as another dealer) unless I purchased a bunch of accessories I left. I called the next day and talked to the manager, he was suppose to call back, HE NEVER DID. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE, THEY SUCK!

Andrews also say they match. (no they do not) They will let you test ride bikes, a big plus. I called them the next day and they gave me a FAIR price. If they gave me that price the first day I would have purchased.

J&J good price but out of stock.

ROUSH, GOOD PEOPLE, GOOD PRICES ( penny over invoice ) Didn't have my color. Ask for Frank. I've purchased and traded in here before.

Honda East ,,, good prices, a little far for me. Ask for Lacy

ASK in Columbus (3 stores) Matched prices, and had the bike brought over from another store. It was ready when I got there. Ask for Todd

Honda East of Toledo. Only place I will buy a bike

That's the first time I've heard anyone mention Honda East of Toledo. They have the lowest prices on Hondas in the state of Ohio. Anyone ever bought from there? Any experience with them? Sam?

(Honda of Marysville prices are very close to that, and is a lot closer to Columbus. People speak well of Marysville Honda.)

I used Honda East of Toledo's price when I got my 1000RR. Took the price to Joe Carson's in Carroll and said I want my bike for just a smidge above it, and I want X for my trade. Few minutes later, they had a dealer trade on the way and it was done. But yeah, HEoT is the best for prices and I believe the biggest stocker of Honda's in Ohio.

...I went to a Honda dealer in Heath...I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE, THEY SUCK!...

My wife and I stopped out at that Honda dealer in Heath one day. We rode up on my Silverwing and were

looking around at bikes for at least 15minutes without a single person asking if they could help us with anything.... we left without even speaking with anyone.

Buying based on price alone is not the best idea. Ask the kid that did that and now has his R6 needing repaired... He had hassle when he needed it fixed and guess what? Didn't trust ASK to service it... What good is low ball price if you cannot take it there for service?

Roush is good, Honda East is good and so are a few others, but if they were all close, why settle for the worse service department???

Plus, when looking for a bike, you can also ask for dealer locator service. Tough on the new R1, but overall, something that is able to happen...

Why didn't you try Pony?

That's the first time I've heard anyone mention Honda East of Toledo. They have the lowest prices on Hondas in the state of Ohio. Anyone ever bought from there? Any experience with them? Sam?

(Honda of Marysville prices are very close to that, and is a lot closer to Columbus. People speak well of Marysville Honda.)

I've got friends from all over the country that use Honda East. They are great to work with and have the lowest price. I had a buddy drive from Maryland to Toledo to buy a 1K just last week, just because of the aforementioned.

Buying based on price alone is not the best idea. Ask the kid that did that and now has his R6 needing repaired... He had hassle when he needed it fixed and guess what? Didn't trust ASK to service it... What good is low ball price if you cannot take it there for service?

this is similiar to what happened to me from down here at middletown cycle granted i felt i got a good deal on the bike but day i got her home found something wrong with it, flaws of buying a used bike especially when its "as is". even tho it was a saftey hazard and they should not have sold it like it was, i still got to pay half to get it fixed..

Roush is good, Honda East is good and so are a few others, but if they were all close, why settle for the worse service department???

Plus, when looking for a bike, you can also ask for dealer locator service. Tough on the new R1, but overall, something that is able to happen...

Why didn't you try Pony?

i believe he tried and they never returned his phone call.

ask was the easiest sale. and if you understand kzz he wont keep a bike long enough to service it. so shopping for the best low ball deal wasnt such a bad thing.

i believe he tried and they never returned his phone call.

ask was the easiest sale. and if you understand kzz he wont keep a bike long enough to service it. so shopping for the best low ball deal wasnt such a bad thing.

So the guy with the 08 R6 with 1500 miles is a bad example???

You get what you pay for at times.

Again, Honda East might have been a haul, but they are really good. They also have some GREAT service guys, too. Same with some other dealers.

Baller status or not, you never know when you need that dealership for more than a whore deal...

HNW, Honda East, Pony, etc would have been top choices over ASK...

dude he is happy with his dealings. why cut him down just on where he bought it?

and who said anything about baller status? come on, there is no reason for this to even be a debate or a mud throwin contest, the man was simply stating how his purchasing experience went nothing more.

dude he is happy with his dealings. why cut him down just on where he bought it?

and who said anything about baller status? come on, there is no reason for this to even be a debate or a mud throwin contest, the man was simply stating how his purchasing experience went nothing more.

I'm not cutting anyone down. You mentioned he gets a new bike so often that warranty service isn't an issue. I stated "Baller" to reflect what you said...

I am glad he got a bike he wanted and think if the deal was good, cool. Just with some of the shops he mentioned, I was a bit baffled as to why. No worries... It's all good...

I'm not cutting anyone down. You mentioned he gets a new bike so often that warranty service isn't an issue. I stated "Baller" to reflect what you said...

I am glad he got a bike he wanted and think if the deal was good, cool. Just with some of the shops he mentioned, I was a bit baffled as to why. No worries... It's all good...

i mentioned not cuz of warranty service, but because he gets bored with things easily and keeps himself entertained with the new and exciting. nothing baller about it. ;)

lacy rocks at honda east in toledo, i know her husband too. I almost bought the new dirt ride from her, but honda northwest here made a deal (actually a few) that i couldnt resist. If i would have had more $$$$ i would have boughten 3 dirtbikes sold 2 and been a happy vampper but i didnt have that kind of cash..

here, Honda northweat

I would say Honda East is the best for price and worth the ride. The last few bikes purchased I used the cycle trader web site to get the best price. I was able to save a few bucks compared to what I was getting from calling Honda East directly. Not sure why but I talked to Scott Johnson from internet sales and was able to get a great deal on my the last three bikes. Other Dealer say they can match Honda East's price only to add document fees, Handling/assembly fees etc etc. So be careful I was only charged 75 dollars for Doc fees.

As far as service, if you bought a Yamaha than any Yamaha dealer will work with warranty issues. The dealer doesn't care where you bought the bike the dealer gets paid by Yamaha for the service.

As far as Service I haven't needed it much since I do most of my own work. But Breyley Yamaha is a great service dealer. They aren't big or flashy but do good work.

Bottom line best way to save money is to check out the cycle trader web site and let your fingers do the walking. A little time behind the desk can save you a lot of money and grief. :popcorn:

I did call a bunch more, Pony (drove here), HNW, etc. I only went to dealers with in stock bikes that wanted to deal. I wanted to do a same day walk in ride away. When working with dealers I did find the easiest way was to work with one number. I gave them my tax rate and told them to only give me one number THE FINAL OTD PRICE. As far as service if its not a warranty repair I do it myself. I have purchased several totaled bikes and rebuilt them myself. Not a bad way to go but you need to know what your doing (mechanical background). Buy direct from the insurance company. A 08/ 09 1k should run around $1,000. If your not careful buying parts you'll end up with more in it than its worth. Usually replaced parts are plastics, forks, rims, bars, cables, radiator. You want min a good frame and engine. And keep in mind when you go to resell, who wants a rebuilt but they make great track bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

honda east might have some of the best prices around, but there customer service is as good as a rock. you dont hear a word from anyone, you get to the parts counter, they say "what do you need" then its "well have it in 3-5 days" and noone says anything on the way out. (this was all before i worked at schiets) we get people in at schiets, usually a couple people a week who say they left honda east because noone ever talked to them. my buddy went in with cash in hand to buy an orange 08 busa, noone talked to him for 30 min, he went to a better dealership and bought an orange 08 busa!!

i dont say any of this meaning to talk bad about them.

too many people complain about there customer service.

They will talk to you if they know you is all ive heard.

before i worked at schiets i dealt with them for everything b/c of the discount thru a toledo bike club, but i starting going to schiets more and more after i wouldnt get a word until i got back to the parts counter.

parts guys there are pretty cool, thats about it. (i take that back, the one sales chick asked me how i was doing a long time ago!!)

Edited by ICEMAN