snowmobile oil injection

russian rocket

does anyone know much about oil injection systems on snowmobiles? mainly on a 97 polaris storm 800?

there is a pump on the side of the crank case and oil lines that run just past the carb right before the reed cages.

my concern is that my sled is decently moded where i have actually gone up from i think its a 330 or 340 main jet stock to a 460 main jet. is there a way the oil injection system compensates for the added fuel or will it run lean on oil because of all the extra fuel? will i have to block off the injection system and just run premix?

it will compensate for it and be fine just run a good oil and don't mix brands they do not mix well, that is the number one thing that kills them.

How will it increase the oil flow to the correct amount? The pump is crank driven so that's the part that confuses me.

it will be fine with the pump it injects the required amount of oil the motor needs just because you richened up the main does not mean it will make a difference. That would be like saying you richened up the main and are going to go from 50:1 to 32:1 on mixture and you don't have to it will still get the required amount of oil at 50:1 with the bigger main.

I hope this answer lets you understand the concept a little more I ran a oil pump with a big bored sled with the carbs jetted and never had a problem out of it.

Edited by Qtr_pndr