Zastava PAP Hi Cap Conversion

Archie

I've searched all over the interwebs for some information about converting this Zastava I bought to accept 30 rnd mags.

No one has a real good write up on this, I know you need to cut the trunion and mill out the blocks inside the receiver but I'm looking for a more in depth walkthrough.

Any help????

Just an FYI, if it has a 30 round mag it is considered an automatic weapon in Ohio and therefore illegal.

This did not answer my question. I am replacing 6 parts on this rifle with US made parts so I can modify it to accept hi cap magazines.

If you don't have anything useful or intelligent to stay, keep your comments to yourself.

• Downvote 1

Just an FYI, if it has a >31 round mag it is considered an automatic weapon in Ohio and therefore illegal.

:gabe:

“Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.
  • Upvote 1

Just an FYI, if it has a 30 round mag it is considered an automatic weapon in Ohio and therefore illegal.

Um, What? Not true. I think you meant assault weapon anyway but in either case...no Statewide ban. Some municipalities have bans in place. Outside of those you just need the right licence for full auto weapons and permit/tax stamp for short barrell rifles (like this) or suppressed weapons.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
This did not answer my question. I am replacing 6 parts on this rifle with US made parts so I can modify it to accept hi cap magazines.

If you don't have anything useful or intelligent to stay, keep your comments to yourself.

You'll be good with staying compliant with USC 922R. If it is similar to the WASR rifles or Saiga's, you have to open up the mag well large enough I accept the double stack mags. I can only assume the mag release/mag catch is the same as every other Kalashnikov style rifle.