Chase fraudulent activity

dragknee66

Anyone have this happen? This is a pain in the ass really, not I need to change all of my auto withdraws, FFFFFFFU :fuuuu:

Yup, I just had this happen about two months ago with 5/3 via Master Card. From what I could pry out of them, it was a batch of cards that were stolen i.e. from a merchant website. They said 5/3 was contacted by Master Card. In my case, there was no actual fraudulent activity on the card. This sounds like the same thing.

Pissed me right the fuck off because they couldn't get my card to me any quicker than 5-7 business days via USPS. I too had auto-pay bills coming out of that account and had bills come due during that period. :fuuuu:

Then I had an actual fraudulent hit on my Discover card, literally on my way to the airport to fly out on a business trip. I found out when my card was declined for baggage and then food, so I called them. It would have sucked not having my credit card. Discover tried to find the address of where I was staying while I booted my laptop up to find it (they said they had very limited access to the web). Once we found the address they overnighted my card to me via UPS, I was flying on Saturday and my card got to me on Monday. That's good customer service, making a bad situation as good as possible. If they would have given me the 5-7 business day line my card would not have gotten to me on my 6 day trip.

Why do banks suck so much?

Yup, I just had this happen about two months ago with 5/3 via Master Card. From what I could pry out of them, it was a batch of cards that were stolen i.e. from a merchant website. They said 5/3 was contacted by Master Card. In my case, there was no actual fraudulent activity on the card. This sounds like the same thing.

Pissed me right the fuck off because they couldn't get my card to me any quicker than 5-7 business days via USPS. I too had auto-pay bills coming out of that account and had bills come due during that period. :fuuuu:

Then I had an actual fraudulent hit on my Discover card, literally on my way to the airport to fly out on a business trip. I found out when my card was declined for baggage and then food, so I called them. It would have sucked not having my credit card. Discover tried to find the address of where I was staying while I booted my laptop up to find it (they said they had very limited access to the web). Once we found the address they overnighted my card to me via UPS, I was flying on Saturday and my card got to me on Monday. That's good customer service, making a bad situation as good as possible. If they would have given me the 5-7 business day line my card would not have gotten to me on my 6 day trip.

Why do banks suck so much?

yea discover will overnight ur card preety much anywhere inthe world ... for FREE, nice feature to have.

oh and also wheni worked at chase i never had chase accounts...it goes with out saying dont shit where u eat

lol a lot of chase employees dont, i have an account with them as well as a credit card. The checking hasnt been used in 6 months or more. Credit card has great rates so i use that quite a bit.

+1. Freedom card ain't bad, and that's not a sales plug. USAA's just got a better checking/savings account.

@Dragknee: You weren't the only one. Can't discuss particular details though, sorry. :/

chase will 2 day ups it if you ask, normally there is a fee but I would always just waive it, and most will if you just ask and say since the card was compromised and you need it right away.

I said that exact thing to the fraud department (technically separate company from 5/3) and when I called 5/3 directly and they said 'there was nothing they could do'. :dumb:

I didn't even have to ask Discover card, I just mentioned that I was in the airport on my way out for a business trip and they offered to overnight it to where I was staying.

It is odd to me you don't bank with Chase.

lol a lot of chase employees dont, i have an account with them as well as a credit card. The checking hasnt been used in 6 months or more. Credit card has great rates so i use that quite a bit.

oh and also wheni worked at chase i never had chase accounts...it goes with out saying dont shit where u eat

I have a Chase account. Zero problems.