Doctors office?

SRTurbo04

I am looking for a good doctors office to use as my home doctor, around the gahanna/new albany area...or willing to go farther for a good doctor. i have had extreme back pain for the last 10 years with no doctor to care or to help out..just sent me to therapy and thats it never helped me figure out anything so im looking for a good straight forward doctor to help me out for my home doctor.

let me know

OSU Carepoint Gahanna.

They are willing to do tons of things to help you out. They have Orthopedics, Sport's Medicine and Physicaly Therapy all in the same building so they don't shy away from doing everything they can to get you answers.

Paul i dont know you personally, so its hard to recommend a dr for you but i can help somewhat. even the best dr in the world might not be the right one for you. it will ultimately boil down to who you are comfortable with and can have trust in.

there are 2 types of physicians. there is the MD and the DO. while you can find both in every specialty they are taught with different views. as a rule of thumb the MD will treat the symptom while the DO will treat the problem.

ex. High blood pressure: a MD will start with first line HTN meds and keep trying until the blood pressure is corrected. where as the DO will do the same but also tr and solve why the blood pressure was elevated in the first place. was it due to too much sodium in the diet or not getting rid of it properly, holding in too much water, is it an anatomical problem, etc. the list can go on and on.

im not saying that a MD wont do that, nor am i saying that all DOs will do that. im just saying that as a rule of thumb. an md will treat the symptoms, a DO will treat the person.

now in saying that, ive worked for both. from my experience i would want a DO to be my PCP (primary care physician) because they arent going to necessarily throw meds down my throat. but they do know when its necessary.

dont forget you can always set up a meeting with the doctors and ask them questions before you start seeing them. we did that all the time. it saves you from going and fillin out tons of papers and wasting time when you dont feel comfortable with them.

there are different kinds of people out there, which is why its hard to recommend a dr to someone you dont know. one type is the person who just goes to the dr for something and wants that one thing. got a problem and just want to go in get the rx and get out and on with life. another type like to sitdown with the dr discuss whats going on discuss options for treatment and be a part of their medical care. there are other types but thats a majority.

sorry for the long post but there are too many variables in recommending a dr.