2002 Hyandai Elantra GLS cranks over, won't start

smokin5s

posting for a buddy of mine, he was driving 70-75 and the car just died, all electric still functioned...

Now the car will crank over, but get no fuel and no spark, below is a list of what's been replaced...

- no codes

- New Fuel Pump

- Replaced PCM

- changed cam sensor

- changed crank sensor (was used ordered new)

- new coils and the bracket they go on

- new plugs/wires

- replaced relays

what else could it be?

"Nothing came up"

as just checking engine lights? OR looking up parameters, and doing a health check.

When you put the new pcm in was there any kind of initialization process?

Sounds more like you have a sensor or electrical issue than a timing like i thought.

I have just a standard code scanner and nothing came up when I hooked it up.

I don't know what happened when he put in the new PCM, he just said it didn't work, so he took the PCM back.

I'm with you about thinking it's a sensor or electrical issue, but I don't even know where to tell him to look now.

It's hard after he's done so much stuff. I would start from scratch if I looked at it.

Needs to have a solus scan tool or one like it to check each part.

I've seen the wires going down to the crank sensor get pinched and wear through. Which will cause no spark no fuel.

There are a ton of things that he can check.

Start by making sure all fuses are good, and hook a scan tool to it. Hell tow it to a shop and have them diag it. Would have been cheaper than spending all the money and time in replacing all the parts that he did.

It's hard after he's done so much stuff. I would start from scratch if I looked at it.

Needs to have a solus scan tool or one like it to check each part.

I've seen the wires going down to the crank sensor get pinched and wear through. Which will cause no spark no fuel.

There are a ton of things that he can check.

Start by making sure all fuses are good, and hook a scan tool to it. Hell tow it to a shop and have them diag it. Would have been cheaper than spending all the money and time in replacing all the parts that he did.

This.

Does the car have some kind of security, factory or aftermarket?