Rally people?

Whizbang

Curious how many rally oriented folks we having floating around here. This can be road rally, TSDs, rallycrossers or stage rally. Trying to get an idea what the base is.

I have been organizing a rally out in Idaho for a few years and since im moving back to ohio sooner than later, I have been kicking around the idea of brining back a rally to Ohio. Perhaps the sameish event as Sunriser that ran under the SCCA Prorally years. This event was run from the evening into the morning. This format would be unique in the country, but possibley not fiesable to put on. But that is a discussion for a later time. I have considered doing a TSD version of the Sunriser as you need view human cones.

First go might be a rally sprint under NASA rallysport. Essentially one or two stages ran several times. Its cheaper, takes less man power and would be a good way to ease in the event in.

I'm a competitor and one of the organizers of the local SCCA RallyCross program. I'm sure there would be plenty of interested in a RallySprint event or similar. I'm sure you're probably already on SpecialStage.com, and you should also check out DirtyImpreza.com if you haven't already. CORC-rally.org is the local TSD club as well.

thats awesome your dad participated! Perhaps he knows the people who held the event in the past or has information from it? I have been trying to start a data base of rally information, stories, memorabilia, etc.

thats awesome your dad participated! Perhaps he knows the people who held the event in the past or has information from it? I have been trying to start a data base of rally information, stories, memorabilia, etc.

My dad is deceased, sorry. The guy in charge of it was Dick Paddock if I remember correctly, who also does the TSD that is ran on those roads now. I do have stories and memorabilia, though.

My dad is deceased, sorry. The guy in charge of it was Dick Paddock if I remember correctly, who also does the TSD that is ran on those roads now. I do have stories and memorabilia, though.

Dick Paddock is the only reason the Sunriser continued as long as it did. He would be a wealth of information.

curious, why did it end? organizers tired of it or the SCCA prorally failing and not picked up by RA?

If I recall, yes, yes & yes. I think alot of it had to do with the fees ODNR charged for "road repair" after the event had run and other assorted regulatory issues/permissions/hassles - but my recollection may not be deadly accurate....

I am a rally fan as well, was hoping to go to SnoDrift again this year, but starting a new job.:fuuuu:

Hope to run rallycross this year as well, and have done a TSD as well.

Didn't get to post in your intro thread but welcome. You seem familiar though, did you run/admin Ohio Rotaries?

I am a rally fan as well, was hoping to go to SnoDrift again this year, but starting a new job.:fuuuu:

:fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu:

J/k, I'm not that mad about it. I would be way more upset if we were missing STPR. I'm still going to take those 2 days off, since the week after is my 1 year anniversary at work and my vacation resets.