Holsters for Jackets/ Coats

Radio Flyer1647545514

For the winter I have have a longer jacket and it doesn't allow me to be able to draw my weapon from my IWB Holster.

What different types of holsters do they make for jackets or coats? I have very large pockets on the front of my jacket that could conceal my handgun. I just want to see if there are any other options out there than having to revert to getting a smaller pocket gun.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=5325

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=5323

I thought about just getting another holster made without that extra piece of leather but the grip would be visible I think even after moving the clips all the way to the top.

I also want to be drawing from my right side with my right hand so putting a holster inside of my jacket is out of the question.

Is a shoulder rig out of the question?

My only reasoning for the draw is I want to be able to come straight up on a target and not have to bring the gun across my body and having it pointed at anyone it shouldn't be while acquiring the target. Every image I see of a shoulder rig the gun is on the left side of the body set up for a right handed shooter. I want to draw from my right side, not my left.

My only reasoning for the draw is I want to be able to come straight up on a target and not have to bring the gun across my body and having it pointed at anyone it shouldn't be while acquiring the target. Every image I see of a shoulder rig the gun is on the left side of the body set up for a right handed shooter. I want to draw from my right side, not my left.

Practice.

If that's a Kahr you have enough trigger that if you're doing your part there's no reason to have a round go off prematurely.

Otherwise, the smaller the gun the easier it is to conceal in a pocket. (P3AT, etc)

is that a kahr PM/CM series?

CW9 iirc

Yes, it's the CW9. I've held the CM9 and it is quite a bit smaller and more ideal for something in your pocket. I probably would have opted for the CM9 if I even knew about them at the time of my purchase, but I'm fully satisfied with the CW9 and don't have any complaints about carrying it daily.

I know that the trigger is heavy enough and that if doing my part I won't have to worry about a round going off but I also want something that is ready to shoot from the draw. I feel if I'm in a situation I need to use my gun I'll probably be shooting from somewhere near my belly at close quarters and my attacker will be within an arms length of me which means he can touch my face if I'm in a proper shooting stance like I would be at a range. Seconds matter in this type of situation.

A shoulder system would work if I can have the gun hanging low enough to draw off the right side of my body. I'll talk to the guy at Survival Tactics about what he can do.

Perhaps consider drawing to your center mass (tight) and pushing out to engage your target. Alot of competitive shooters work this way and it seems very natural. The biggest benefit of this style is that it doesn't matter much where you draw from, even if it costs you a second or two.

Wyatt Earp would approve. :lolguy:

A shoulder system would work if I can have the gun hanging low enough to draw off the right side of my body. I'll talk to the guy at Survival Tactics about what he can do.

A shoulder rig low enough to engage on the strong side is probably not going to save much or any draw time over a good OWB holster. With a long coat you'd still have to peel it back the same amount to draw properly.

I have a DeSantis NyPad Pancake OWB that fits your gun if you'd like to try it for a while.

A shoulder rig low enough to engage on the strong side is probably not going to save much or any draw time over a good OWB holster. With a long coat you'd still have to peel it back the same amount to draw properly.

I have a DeSantis NyPad Pancake OWB that fits your gun if you'd like to try it for a while.

Thanks for the offer and advice. I'm going to see if I can't get them to fit a holster into my jacket pocket. If it's a no go I'm going to start looking for some other options.

My jackass rig can have the gun on either side. Or a gun under each arm. :)