2005 Saturn Vue Door stuck shut

jeffro

My dad wont quit asking me to post here, so here goes.

2005 Saturn vue base model has a problem with the passenger door stuck shut.

Basically when he hits the unlock button it makes the sound as if its unlocking, but the door will not open from the inside or the outside. He said in the manual there was a way of unprogramming the automatic locks to manual but that did not fix anything.

Anyone ever experienced anything like this before? If so what did you do to fix it.

I'm pretty sure the door lock actuator is part of the latch on those, so it sounds like it needs the latch in the door. Those should be the same as most GMs, but I can't say I work on many Saturns and they have been known to do some bastard things compared to the rest of GM.

I'm pretty sure the door lock actuator is part of the latch on those, so it sounds like it needs the latch in the door. Those should be the same as most GMs, but I can't say I work on many Saturns and they have been known to do some bastard things compared to the rest of GM.

Ding ding. It's part of the latch. You're going to have problems gettings the door card off b/c if I remember correctly there is a screw on the side of the panel.

What I used to do was just use a really long screwdriver and stick it down between outer panel and glass. Then just smash the assembly and the door will open.

Ding ding. It's part of the latch. You're going to have problems gettings the door card off b/c if I remember correctly there is a screw on the side of the panel.

What I used to do was just use a really long screwdriver and stick it down between outer panel and glass. Then just smash the assembly and the door will open.

what?

I let him know he has to pull the seat. i suggested that but was hoping that wasnt the only answer.

what?

I let him know he has to pull the seat. i suggested that but was hoping that wasnt the only answer.

Pull the trim off on the outside of the door between the door panel and the glass

Get a long screw driver ~20-30 inches

Position screw driver on top of latch assembly

Chisel through the latch assembly

Door will open

Replace latch

I probably done 10-15 of them. It was also common on the Saturn Ion. Also on the rear hatch latches of the Vue, but those you can get from the inside.

The Vue interior door panels don't have push clips to hold it in. It has plastic hooks that are part of the panel that go into the door. If you try to pull the panel from the inside you're going to break them and probably need a new panel.