Suggestions on painting/coating

Murse

So I've gotten my wife into wanting to carry, but she "has to have" a pink gun. The 2 top gums I'm looking at for here are the bodyguard 380 and P238. But who around here can customize it for me. The one she wants is the Kahr p380 but that was a limited edition. And she will never know the difference if it's not that gun

Women kill me, why does it need to be pink? You are not supposed to show it to people, you don't flash it, it's not a accessory. :nono: the only person that is supposed to know you have it is yourself. Wait till she pulls it out somewhere public to show it off and she finds herself in jail for inducing panic.

@justcause thanks, all I saw was one, but it's a revolver. I'm looking at semi auto pistol. And staying away from darringers.

@mahle That's what I was thinking, but is is something that I can do? I don't want any flaking and want it to look good. It's more than likely going to be in a purse so it needs to be durable. If its easy to do than I might.

Women kill me, why does it need to be pink? You are not supposed to show it to people, you don't flash it, it's not a accessory. :nono: the only person that is supposed to know you have it is yourself. Wait till she pulls it out somewhere public to show it off and she finds herself in jail for inducing panic.

I agree! The things we do to keep our wives happy :yuno: I know it's just a color but if she can feel even a little bit more comfortable with it, it's worth it. I want her to also be able to enjoy shooting it too.

Imagine being the perp that gets shot by a girl, and with a pink gun.:lolguy:

@justcause thanks, all I saw was one, but it's a revolver. I'm looking at semi auto pistol. And staying away from darringers.

@mahle That's what I was thinking, but is is something that I can do? I don't want any flaking and want it to look good. It's more than likely going to be in a purse so it needs to be durable. If its easy to do than I might.

Comes in pink and Ive never used it but have heard good things. Im sure someone on here can give you some better insight.

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_shakenspray.html

Are you worried that there is more chance for an accident? Pink gun, friends are going to want to see it, it gets taken out more, kids see it and think its a toy, it's treated with less regard than it should(I mean c'mon its pink). All kinds of issues/situations to consider.

Yeah the look she likes is everything but the slide pink. Here is the exact one she wants.

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/Kahr_P380_Pink_01.jpg

I did see that episode. It I missed what they used. I think after checking out the duracoat link that mahle posted I will end up doing that. I'm just afraid that it doesn't get cleaned perfectly, a small speck of oil is on it, it's ruined (like when painting a car) and would have to all be redone. Prep work is key. And if I can pay a pro that I know is gonna do it right the first time I might be better off.

Have the frame coated, but skip the slide or cylinder. Duracoat is fairly easy and you can do it at home.

This. I am in the process of doing a 92fs as well

Thanks everyone! I think we're going to DIY duracoat it. I'll post up some pics once we get it and I get it finished.

Good deal just make sure its very well prepped, stripped, taped