Looking for some advice for an auction coming up.....

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

May be a long shot, I have a model train auction coming up that I am choosing to do online with proxibid most likely. Anyone deal in model trains? Most of these are 1/29th scale trains. I am hopefully looking for some advertising advice if there are any model train gurus in here.

There are alot of auction houses that work on consignment. I visit 6 different restaurant auction sites on a daily basis that are all over the country. I assume there are sites like this for what your selling that reach thousands of people that are looking for exactly what your offering. I know fast track is just one site that offers these type services. I hope this relates to your question.

There are alot of auction houses that work on consignment. I visit 6 different restaurant auction sites on a daily basis that are all over the country. I assume there are sites like this for what your selling that reach thousands of people that are looking for exactly what your offering. I know fast track is just one site that offers these type services. I hope this relates to your question.

I am an auctioneer, I am hosting the auction myself. Primarily I will advertise on auctionzip, I didn't know if for example anyone knew of a model train forum or something that everyone visits.

May be a long shot, I have a model train auction coming up that I am choosing to do online with proxibid most likely. Anyone deal in model trains? Most of these are 1/29th scale trains. I am hopefully looking for some advertising advice if there are any model train gurus in here.

I think there is still a hobbyshop in town that deals mostly in trains, I would go talk to them and see what they say. You can alos see if the local shops will let you post some flyers up about the auction.

There is also a good website http://www.hobbytalk.com that you could post on. I am not sure what their rules would be for something like this, but there is a section dedicated to trains.

Call the hobbytown on the west side to find out when Chuck is working still. That guy knows his stuff about trains and might be able to help you find some places too.

From working at a hobbyshop for 3+ years I can tell you that trail people will spend big money on stuff. If you have somthing they want or need cost will not be an option.