Nice app for wanna be runners

TTQ B4U

I've never, ever been a runner except in the days when I played sports and even then it was primarily based on that sports need. However, since I hit an all time new weight and needed to trim down I took up using our pricey treadmill that has been decorating the workout are of our lower level and I'll be damned if it's not helping quite a bit.

I've been casually lifting over the past year and have no doubt added some muscle, but in the last 30 days I've lost about 1" around my waist and leaned up a bit overall. No doubt I have a long way to go to get back into my 32's but the progress is in motion.

What has really helped me and I thought I'd share for others that may be interested is training with an iPhone app (likely on android too) called 5k Runner. I'm about 1/2 way through and love it. It gradually gets you going farther; you pick the speeds. I walk at 2.5-30mph and run at 6mph.

I don't plan on doing marathon or anything, but it would be nice to see if I can get to the 6-7mph range for 6 miles or so. That's my goal in 2012 anyway.

Hope the above helps others looking for an easy training method for knocking off some lbs on the treadmill or as the soak up sunshine outside.

Couch to 5k is a good app for Android. It starts you out walking then running for different lengths until it gets you to running the full 5k.

I also hit an all time high over the Holidays. I have been loosely following the Sacred Heart Diet. I did it Wed - Fri last week. Was unable to over the weekend because of travel and I am back on it this week. I have lost 7 lbs in a week.

Couch to 5k is a good app for Android. It starts you out walking then running for different lengths until it gets you to running the full 5k.

I also hit an all time high over the Holidays. I have been loosely following the Sacred Heart Diet. I did it Wed - Fri last week. Was unable to over the weekend because of travel and I am back on it this week. I have lost 7 lbs in a week.

I just read through that diet. Sounds similar to some others I've read about but this one mixes things up for the week which I like. If I can drop 10-15lbs in 2 weeks, I'll be in heaven. We are hitting a beach vacation every 1-2 months this year with this being our first, so I'm fired to make a difference if I can. Thanks!

I just read through that diet. Sounds similar to some others I've read about but this one mixes things up for the week which I like. If I can drop 10-15lbs in 2 weeks, I'll be in heaven. We are hitting a beach vacation every 1-2 months this year with this being our first, so I'm fired to make a difference if I can. Thanks!

Strict paleo diet, PM for details and help with it if you wish

if you've already established a base, or are working out, endomondo is good too.

this is what I use. Although I've only been running between 4-6 miles at a time, I find that this plus pandora for an hour absolutely destroys my battery.

Sounds like I'm going to check this out also. I've hit my all time high to over the holidays. Going back home twice in two months with the added food and holidays to end the year on a high note. I'm down five pounds by watching what I've been eating and trying to drink a lot more water. Thanks for the app.