Mold Remediation?

zeitgeist57

Anyone on here do HAZMAT, or Mold remediation on a really bad house? It's dirty, but needs furniture out, and drywall/flooring ripped up. Two years' worth of dust, cobwebs, etc. There would be some stuff that owner could save.

We don't want anyone that's going to try to scam the insurance company. ServPro, Prism have been out to the house so far. Thanks, CR! :thumbup:

EDIT: NOT MY HOUSE! One of my wife's clients, who needs to sell the property.

Edited by zeitgeist57
Important point of clarification!

Clay if this is an insurance job, what type of credentials or certificates are required?

Not an insurance job; this is just a private-owner job. The house needs to be cleaned up enough that people could reasonably walk-through but know that gutting would definitely be needed after the home was purchased. Eliminating visible mold is not ultimately needed.

So, more of a major cleanup. But, hazardous conditions.

*I'm actually talking to the client over a speakerphone while typing :) *

I have done architectural work for Thompson Building and Buckeye Restoration. I am not sure if they do much mold, but it is another couple you could look up.

http://buckeyerestoration.com/services/mold-mitigation-remediation/

http://www.thompsonbuilding.com/specializeservices.htm

You can tell either Adam at Keiser Design Group mentioned them. They may or may not remember me since I moved out of the state lol.

I wouldn't touch anything with mold...

You touch mold everyday. Theres lots of different types of molds. People are scared of everyone of them because of fear of black molds. All molds that are black in color arent necessarily the feared "black mold". You can tell its the bad kind really by the smell it gives off if testing isnt immediate.

Anyone on here do HAZMAT, or Mold remediation on a really bad house? It's dirty, but needs furniture out, and drywall/flooring ripped up. Two years' worth of dust, cobwebs, etc. There would be some stuff that owner could save.

We don't want anyone that's going to try to scam the insurance company. ServPro, Prism have been out to the house so far. Thanks, CR! :thumbup:

EDIT: NOT MY HOUSE! One of my wife's clients, who needs to sell the property.

My girlfriend does actually, for Paul Davis (http://www.pdrestoration.com/). I can shoot you her contact information if you want some more information.

• 1 month later...
Bringing this back...the owner wants someone to come by with their own dumpster, clean out this one-story house, get rid of some moldy spots, and move "keeper" furniture to the garage for $1000 cash. Let me know if people/companies are still available for a site visit soon. Thanks!