Dodge Ram R/T

Scotty2Hotty

Anyone have a chance to take one for a spin yet? It's time for a new DD, regular cab, 2wd, short bed truck. I still need a truck to haul/tow the occasional items. I throw the Ram R/T out there since I have the ability to buy at Employee pricing. Given this I'm really interested in the Ram R/T, knowing that I can buy a Ram Express for thousands less and end up with a similar truck. For those that have driven it, any feedback?

(Ford won't make the truck I want, and no thanks to the GM.)

Are they still built on a car chassis?

They never have been, and as was said they do have the coil suspension. On half ton truck, I'm okay with it. My buddy has an 09 1500 with the coil rear and it does make a world of difference.

As you probably already know, RAM R/T's have 2600 stall converter, 4.10's, and 22" wheels.

A guy I met up with to sell some Dakota R/T rims had an '11 Ram Express. He said he test drove the Ram R/T before he bought the Express. His words were, "I wish I would of splurged and bought the R/T, instead of the budget Express. The 4.10s and stall really make a big difference between the two." Fastest his Express has been so far is 14.3 @ 93. Don't R/T's dip in to the 13's fairly stock?

As you probably already know, RAM R/T's have 2600 stall converter, 4.10's, and 22" wheels.

A guy I met up with to sell some Dakota R/T rims had an '11 Ram Express. He said he test drove the Ram R/T before he bought the Express. His words were, "I wish I would of splurged and bought the R/T, instead of the budget Express. The 4.10s and stall really make a big difference between the two." Fastest his Express has been so far is 14.3 @ 93. Don't R/T's dip in to the 13's fairly stock?

I've heard of some damn near stock R/T's running high 13's. Intake + Exhaust, I've heard lower in the 13's. The other part that turned me onto the R/T was the interior. I love the buckets with the center console. Ford and Dodge have a good thing going with truck interiors.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Express. I can pick one up for sub $17K with power windows etc.... It's a possibility if I can't find an R/T. I'm waiting on a couple call backs today from a few stealerships that "supposedly" can get one.

They never have been, and as was said they do have the coil suspension. On half ton truck, I'm okay with it. My buddy has an 09 1500 with the coil rear and it does make a world of difference.

oh I'm not really into trucks my buddy is.. he said he doesn't like Dodges because they're built and drive more like cars(?)

anyway that one looks awesome, I would totally drive it.

I love my 09 Ram 1500. Wouldn't even think twice about picking up another one. I have the 4x4 Crew cab, with short bed and HEMI. Got to love 390 hp from the factory. And honestly doesn't get that bad of gas mileage on the highway for a gasser. My best trip was from Ohio to TN, with 4 adults and 1 kid, bed loaded to the bed rails and got 23 mpg. Averaged about 75 mph the whole way.

I've heard of some damn near stock R/T's running high 13's. Intake + Exhaust, I've heard lower in the 13's. The other part that turned me onto the R/T was the interior. I love the buckets with the center console. Ford and Dodge have a good thing going with truck interiors.

That's pretty good times! At least it's not a sticker package like some R/T's used to be.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Express. I can pick one up for sub $17K with power windows etc.... It's a possibility if I can't find an R/T. I'm waiting on a couple call backs today from a few stealerships that "supposedly" can get one.

Are they that rare? I didn't know they were hard to come by.

EDIT:

I do really like the looks of them though. This one is lowered 2/3.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/01dakotaqc/7935422d.jpg