School me on ford f150 and ram 1500

armin922

as a ford fanatic:

the years 2004-2008 ford 5.4L sucks. My truck sounds like a diesel. The cam phasers go out. maybe its far few and in between but ive done alot of reading and 90% of those owning a ford truck from years 04-08 have had to replace the cam phasers. Im running a custom tune on mine too, and it has helped out, but still sounds like a diesel. and i am a maintenance nut.

so stay away from 08 and go above that.

as a ford fanatic:

the years 2004-2008 ford 5.4L sucks. My truck sounds like a diesel. The cam phasers go out. maybe its far few and in between but ive done alot of reading and 90% of those owning a ford truck from years 04-08 have had to replace the cam phasers. Im running a custom tune on mine too, and it has helped out, but still sounds like a diesel. and i am a maintenance nut.

so stay away from 08 and go above that.

I had mine replaced under warranty. It doesn't sound as bad as it did before, but can still slightly hear it. Honestly, I think the sound now is more injector noise because these engines are so quiet.

But yeah, I'd definitely get something 09+ if I was in the market now.