CBJ fans pushed to the brink

verse

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal with Rick Nash: Nash is a top tier player, without a doubt. But what he's not good at, is putting the team on his back and carrying them. This is why Rick Nash will never be a super stud here in Columbus. This is also why he excels in world tournaments like the World Championships and the Olympics. Because he's not "The Guy" they look to. They put him on a line with Iginla and Crosby and he tears it up, because those guys are that type of player. Rick Nash would be best suited to be traded to Pittsburgh or some other team where there is a superstar in front of him.

That being said, why would he want to leave Columbus? There's no accountability here. You don't get recognized. So unless you're just dying to win the Cup, why not just stick it out here making $7M a year for a losing team. Don't get me wrong, I think Rick Nash is a great player, so talented. But he needs to be stripped of the "C" and in my opinion, traded while his value is high.

There's something wrong in the locker room, the rink, etc. Has been for years. Coaching changes, player changes, etc.; doesn't seem to matter. Until the owners figure out WTF is wrong with this team, nothing will change. Oh, and Howson and Priest need to go. You can't hang your excuses on "We had some injuries and suspensions and that killed us early on." Shit like that happens to all teams. And the good teams figure out a way to get past it. Look at the Penguins, for example. Missing major players for long stretches and they are still a top team.

My suggestions:

1. Fire Howson and Priest. Promote Craig Patrick to GM.

2. Trade Nash, Brassard, Vermette, and the obvious upcoming UFA's.

3. Mason on waivers as soon as we get another acceptable goalie here this season, if that ever happens. If someone claims him, great. If not, send his ass to the AHL.

4. Fail for Nail. Keep failing this season, get that #1 overall pick, Nail Yakupov.

5. While you're at it, fail next year too. Because the #1 overall next year is going to be even better, Nathan Mackinnon.

Why haven't the Blue Jackets (organization) pushed to go by "CLB" versus the "CBJ" on ESPN, etc? I realize "COL" was taken already (Colorado), but "CBJ" renders Columbus - as a city - kind of insignificant and hurts our image/brand, I think.

I know, this may seem petty, but it's stuff like this that peeves me.

I agree, when I hear CBJ the first thing I think is Columbus blow jobs

Here's the deal with Rick Nash: Nash is a top tier player, without a doubt. But what he's not good at, is putting the team on his back and carrying them. This is why Rick Nash will never be a super stud here in Columbus. This is also why he excels in world tournaments like the World Championships and the Olympics. Because he's not "The Guy" they look to. They put him on a line with Iginla and Crosby and he tears it up, because those guys are that type of player. Rick Nash would be best suited to be traded to Pittsburgh or some other team where there is a superstar in front of him.

That being said, why would he want to leave Columbus? There's no accountability here. You don't get recognized. So unless you're just dying to win the Cup, why not just stick it out here making $7M a year for a losing team. Don't get me wrong, I think Rick Nash is a great player, so talented. But he needs to be stripped of the "C" and in my opinion, traded while his value is high.

There's something wrong in the locker room, the rink, etc. Has been for years. Coaching changes, player changes, etc.; doesn't seem to matter. Until the owners figure out WTF is wrong with this team, nothing will change. Oh, and Howson and Priest need to go. You can't hang your excuses on "We had some injuries and suspensions and that killed us early on." Shit like that happens to all teams. And the good teams figure out a way to get past it. Look at the Penguins, for example. Missing major players for long stretches and they are still a top team.

My suggestions:

3. Mason on waivers as soon as we get another acceptable goalie here this season, if that ever happens. If someone claims him, great. If not, send his ass to the AHL.

4. Fail for Nail. Keep failing this season, get that #1 overall pick, Nail Yakupov.

5. While you're at it, fail next year too. Because the #1 overall next year is going to be even better, Nathan Mackinnon.

Agree. It's not all on nash, but there are good players and then there are good players who elevate the people he is surrounded by. Nash is the former. Nothing against the guy but he lacks the ability to motivate. This has been evident since hitch was fired. We need to reel this team in manipulate the attitude( or lack of) on the ice and in the locker room.

My suggestions:

:megusta: this post. #1 priority should be finding a replacement for Mase, and I think Vermette is good trade bait. He scores nothing, gets minimal assists here because too much is asked of him. He's a 3rd line faceoff expert anywhere else, which CBJ has a long history of placing too much importance on (Michael Handzus anyone?)

:megusta: this post. #1 priority should be finding a replacement for Mase, and I think Vermette is good trade bait. He scores nothing, gets minimal assists here because too much is asked of him. He's a 3rd line faceoff expert anywhere else, which CBJ has a long history of placing too much importance on (Michael Handzus anyone?)

Mason definitely needs to go, but what goalie wouldn't look horrible in front of the pile of pylons our defense has been?

Fedor Tpylon, the only reason I see to keep him around is if we resign Nikitin as they have both played well together. Still not worth the $4.5M cap hit. (Horrible Howson contract) If we could trade him I'd gladly do it.

Clitsome has been exposed this year. The guy has a good shot, but defensively doesn't do much.

Moore has shown some really good glimpses this year after he was paired with Wiz and now Methot. I think he's going to be a good dman in a few years.

Wiz is exactly what I assumed he'd be, although we've only seen short periods of play. I'd say it's apparent that the kid wants to win and be successful. He's great offensively, okay defensively, but puts himself out of position a lot.

Methot is really an underrated dman. He's not a #1-2 guy, but a great #3-4 dman.

Ideally if the rumors of shopping Carter around are true I'd love to see a #1 shut down dman being returned.

Mason definitely needs to go, but what goalie wouldn't look horrible in front of the pile of pylons our defense has been?

Fedor Tpylon, the only reason I see to keep him around is if we resign Nikitin as they have both played well together. Still not worth the $4.5M cap hit. (Horrible Howson contract) If we could trade him I'd gladly do it.

Clitsome has been exposed this year. The guy has a good shot, but defensively doesn't do much.

Moore has shown some really good glimpses this year after he was paired with Wiz and now Methot. I think he's going to be a good dman in a few years.

Wiz is exactly what I assumed he'd be, although we've only seen short periods of play. I'd say it's apparent that the kid wants to win and be successful. He's great offensively, okay defensively, but puts himself out of position a lot.

Methot is really an underrated dman. He's not a #1-2 guy, but a great #3-4 dman.

Ideally if the rumors of shopping Carter around are true I'd love to see a #1 shut down dman being returned.

The problem is between injuries and suspensions Savard has been getting a ridiculous amount of playing time. I've seen better defensive play out of the worst players in Hockey East (NCAA).

Pretty much all of Howson's contracts are what's keeping this team down. I don't understand it at all. CBJ spends the 6th most money in the NHL on contracts and has zilch to show for it. That is in no way the coaches fault, because the money is spent on second and third tier players.

My suggestions:

x2

I want to see Nash gone more than anything. That would be the spark and wake up call for the team.

We could easily get a player like Crosby that makes everyone around him turn into a goal scorer. When he can play at least.

I'm surprised that people haven't brought up another problem of the Blue Jackets: John P McConnell.

Unlike his father - visionary, compassionate, committed to Columbus, excellent businessman - the younger McConnell has let this organization and it's culture begin a nasty spiral downward. I'm not saying that this is all his fault, but he's definitely not being the leader his father was.

It's not that I don't like Rick Nash, I love his skill and what he can do behind other players. But it's seriously time to shake up this team in a major way. Nothing will show that more than trading the biggest asset.

I really don't think it could happen, because I don't think they'd pull the trigger, but I'd love some sort of deal with Anaheim. Where the Jackets could land one of their top line guys, along with Visnovsky or Fowler, and a top pick. That would shake things up.

The other thing I want to point out is that the Jackets have never had a lot of knowledgeable hockey minds in the correct positions. Getting Craig Patrick was huge, that's a big start. But getting more guys like that and changing the mindset of this organization is going to be top priority.

• Upvote 1

It's not that I don't like Rick Nash, I love his skill and what he can do behind other players. But it's seriously time to shake up this team in a major way. Nothing will show that more than trading the biggest asset.

I really don't think it could happen, because I don't think they'd pull the trigger, but I'd love some sort of deal with Anaheim. Where the Jackets could land one of their top line guys, along with Visnovsky or Fowler, and a top pick. That would shake things up.

The other thing I want to point out is that the Jackets have never had a lot of knowledgeable hockey minds in the correct positions. Getting Craig Patrick was huge, that's a big start. But getting more guys like that and changing the mindset of this organization is going to be top priority.

you're hitting on all cylinders today.

http://p2.pej.cz/p2.pej.cz/0ba8cc1c7f590b3add98139bc0b9f4ab.jpg

you're hitting on all cylinders today.

http://p2.pej.cz/p2.pej.cz/0ba8cc1c7f590b3add98139bc0b9f4ab.jpg

I hit on all cylinders on hockey all the time. :D That's what happens when you know a lot about the game, you play it, you coach it, etc. The best part is: The Jackets aren't even my team. The Rangers are... :lol:

I heard the GM is an accountant at worthington cyclinders, and has no hockey experience. He was interviewing potential Head Coaches After hitch and asking questions like "if you were a tree what tree would you be?" A few ended the interview there and hung up. Who owns the jackets? Also the shitty players are so over paid that no other team wants their overpriced contracts. One rumor on a few of the players that were traded, ended up being that they we so far out of shape that the other team could not play them.

I heard the GM is an accountant at worthington cyclinders, and has no hockey experience. He was interviewing potential Head Coaches After hitch and asking questions like "if you were a tree what tree would you be?" A few ended the interview there and hung up. Who owns the jackets? Also the shitty players are so over paid that no other team wants their overpriced contracts. One rumor on a few of the players that were traded, ended up being that they we so far out of shape that the other team could not play them.

You're thinking of the president, Mike Priest.

Scott Howson is the GM and he does have hockey experience. He was previously within the Oilers organization.

Why haven't the Blue Jackets (organization) pushed to go by "CLB" versus the "CBJ" on ESPN, etc? I realize "COL" was taken already (Colorado), but "CBJ" renders Columbus - as a city - kind of insignificant and hurts our image/brand, I think.

I know, this may seem petty, but it's stuff like this that peeves me.

Or "CMH"...it's the three letter airport code for our city, channel 4 uses it in their identifier...