CBJ fans pushed to the brink

verse

Political agenda? Babble? ex-fucking-scuse me?

Look, I am the furthest thing from "anti-cbj", but the deal made was just WRONG. The voters have said "no" and the city went behind their backs. It's people like you who don't give a fuck and just want what you want that are the problem.

My "babble" belongs right here, in the thread about the CBJ.

Exactly. I go to a game or two a year, so I do 'support' the team. By no means a fan, but I enjoy going.

I DO NOT want my taxes paying for what should be a 100% private entity. Guess who gets the profits, if the CBJ profits? NOT the tax payers who are propping the arena/team up. The voters agree with me, but the city decided it didn't want to listen to what the voters wanted.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was interviewing to be a corner sign flipper, and was asked in the interview: if you were a tree what kind of tree would you be? I'd make like a leaf too...

Players are shit and overpaid, management sucks, and the owner doesn't care, Infact the city needs to foot the bill or he's moving right? Peace!

Read this. Hits a lot of my points. It's almost like I was a beat writer for the Jackets or something... ;)

Knowing Porty, he probably just read your post and then made it his article. :)

I am a huge Jackets fan and proud ACA member. This was the first year that I purchased season tickets and well that seems to have been a mistake. I still enjoy going and hanging out with my friends and watching hockey, no matter the outcome.

Of course some major changes need to be made. From upper management to the lockeroom. But this idea of a protest is not going to do a damn thing. You really think the management cares what the fans think? They are all on vacation this week as well as the team.

Ok, havent been on CR in a few days so i didnt see this. I can already give cliffs on this thread after seeing multiple CBJ/Hockey threads go to shit in the past.

-somebodies gonna bitch about something about tax payers money etc... blah blah blah

-SOMEONE will say they need to trade nash

-someone else will say they need to get a real goaltender (this is true)

-someone with some intelligence about the team will say something intelligent about the team.

-someone/multiple people will tell him hes wrong and to go swing from an individuals nuts.

-some random munson will just say "CBJ SUCKS HOCKEY SUCKS GO BUCKS"

-another random munson will try and say how we need to get rid of the team and bring in an NBA team (yeah b/c thats working out great for cleveland right?)

Now im gonna read the thread.

God i love being right.

I honestly wish i could go to this event saturday at 2pm. I grew up on long island and my dad made me an isle's fan. When I came to Cbus i forgot all about hockey until a few years ago. Im more of a fan than most, when they lose im am genuinly in a shitty mood (and yes, ive been in a shitty mood most of the year). If OSU football loses, yeah it sucks b/c im a fan but i dont care as much. Its gotten to the point for me that i cant even talk about the team or games with anyone b/c i just get pissed off.

Sean (and Porty) are right, there needs to be sweeping changes from the very top to make this team competitive. What worse is even if there was we wouldnt see the fruits of that labor for at least 2 seasons. These things take time and patience. Look at what Dale Tallon did in Chicago!? It took him years to build that team to a playoff contender then into what became a stanley cup champion.

I think peoples' frustration's with this team are different. They see NFL, NBA and NCAAF and they think "shit spend more money and boom your in". NHL isnt like that. It takes real skill to be an architect of a championship team.

Its 4am i dont have time or energy to post a rebuttle to all the CBJ/NHL haters that think the city is better off without a tenant for Nationwide. Maybe tomorow.

the unrelenting vortex of truth still remains that 97% of columbus won't give a shit about hockey even if the blue wasps won the silver cup every damn year for the next decade.

QFT

Just like when the Crew won the MLS cup a few yrs ago, but OSU beating Michigan made headlines over it.

the unrelenting vortex of truth still remains that 97% of columbus won't give a shit about hockey even if the blue wasps won the silver cup every damn year for the next decade.

I wouldn't go that far.

2008-09, the year we made the playoffs. Early in the season you could get tickets just as cheap as you can now, wasn't sold out often, but then they started to make the playoff push and prices went up and the arena was sold out. You couldn't buy home playoff tickets on ticketmaster unless you wanted single tickets. They sold out pretty quickly.

If you put a winning team on the ice, people will show up.

Don't compare hockey to soccer. I'm sure soccer can be a fun game, but hockey is one of the fastest and best sports to watch live. If we win, the place will be full.

...when they lose im am genuinly in a shitty mood (and yes, ive been in a shitty mood most of the year).

Tonight on White People Problems we have Ryan. He's not sure what to do with his life. He's 35 years old and his parent's are kicking him out of them basement, forcing him to get a job and his own place. He's blaming all of his problems on the National Hockey League team, the Columbus Blue Jackets, losing all of the time. To try to fix this he's going to go protest the team... we aren't sure about what or why. Tune in to find out.

The Jacket's and Columbus have been trying to get a All-Star game or a Winter Classic for quite some time. NHL said, get your arena problems sorted out and build some more parking garages and higher end hotels near the arena. Only waiting on the final paperwork on the arena deal, parking garages are being built and the hotels are suppose to be open in September of 2012.

Too bad the world will come to an end a month early...